As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
we play three teams in a row, Texas Tech, Utah, and Oklahoma, that have their bye weeks, before they play us.
Hmmmmmmmm, should we give a darn? (Obviously, it is what it is.)
Help or hindrance?

GO CYCLONES :yes:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think we've analyzed our schedule enough. Now that the season is upon us we need to focus on one game at a time and just roll with it.

I hate it when fans say this. Do the coaches and players need to focus on one game at a time? Absolutely. But do we, as fans, have any kind of outcome on the players concentration? Is Money going to drop a critical pass in the NIU game because I'm focusing on the Iowa game? Absolutely not. It's asinine to pretend like the fans have anything to gain or lose by focusing on one game at a time.

I'm sorry, that wasn't directed toward you, I just had to rant about it.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
we play three teams in a row, Texas Tech, Utah, and Oklahoma, that have their bye weeks, before they play us.
Help or hindrance?

It's really a toss up. Sometimes they'll get out of sync, sometimes they'll be refreshed and better prepared. Let's hope for the former, but give them our best game either way.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
They will be sharp since they just played a game and the mistakes are fresh their minds to correct.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
The only thing that matters right now is NIU. Focus on that game. Our players and coaches certainly are. We have players in a system right now that really believes in it's coaching staff. We also have the talent and a little chip on our shoulder for being "over-looked" in '10 as usual. Not to mention, this team has tasted success and clearly wants more.

One game at a time, we know it is a daunting task...but I would rather have it this way. There shouldn't be any of this, "we played down to the level of our opponet" crap. NIU will be a tough game, but I feel a tough opponet will set us up to be better prepaired for week 2, and so on and so forth.

Go Cyclones! It is time to beat some quality opponets this year! We have the perfect coach to do it.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
I hate it when fans say this. Do the coaches and players need to focus on one game at a time? Absolutely. But do we, as fans, have any kind of outcome on the players concentration? Is Money going to drop a critical pass in the NIU game because I'm focusing on the Iowa game? Absolutely not. It's asinine to pretend like the fans have anything to gain or lose by focusing on one game at a time.

I'm sorry, that wasn't directed toward you, I just had to rant about it.

Agreed 100%. People are always getting mad on here if you talk about "What Ifs." They say "lets focus on winning our first one before we talk about the North title" Why does it matter at all if somebody wants to talk about winning the National Title in 2016. Its just random conversation among FANS. I doubt the team is getting on CF hourly and losing focus on NIU because of us..

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Help or hindrance?

The fli flop of Utah and KSU in our schedule really hurts us. With Utah replacing so much on defense, it was to our benefit to play them earlier on in the year. Now they get time to gel/learn/find weaknesses. Then they get their weak off to straighten things out.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The fli flop of Utah and KSU in our schedule really hurts us. With Utah replacing so much on defense, it was to our benefit to play them earlier on in the year. Now they get time to gel/learn/find weaknesses. Then they get their weak off to straighten things out.

The same thing could be said for us....

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
The only thing that matters right now is NIU. Focus on that game. Our players and coaches certainly are. We have players in a system right now that really believes in it's coaching staff. We also have the talent and a little chip on our shoulder for being "over-looked" in '10 as usual. Not to mention, this team has tasted success and clearly wants more.

One game at a time, we know it is a daunting task...but I would rather have it this way. There shouldn't be any of this, "we played down to the level of our opponet" crap. NIU will be a tough game, but I feel a tough opponet will set us up to be better prepaired for week 2, and so on and so forth.

Go Cyclones! It is time to beat some quality opponets this year! We have the perfect coach to do it.

1. We don't play the game so it is all right for us to look ahead
  2. Tougher opponents don't set you up for later int he season. Playing tough opponents weak in and weak out does not better prepare you. It beats you up and wears you down. Year in and year out, the teams with tough schedule don't do all that great.
  3. I am as sick of hearing about our tough schedue as anyone. It is what it is.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I think we've analyzed our schedule enough. Now that the season is upon us we need to focus on one game at a time and just roll with it.
I think the players and coaches need to do this........ I don't think it means jack **** what we message boarders do!!! WOW, how did that word make it thru????

Last edited by a moderator:

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Get over it people its the schedule we have lets just go out and give them hell.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Didn't mean to get people upset haha.

I won't speak for anybody else but I wasn't directed at any one person, just always had this opinion and seemed like a good time to get it off my chest. If you would rather focus on one game at a time, that is perfectly fine with me. Didn't mean for it to seem like an attack on one person.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWptXUblA4E"]YouTube - Roll With It - Steve Winwood[/ame]

Not quite the same as being RickRolled, but still has Roll in it. :wink:

NebraskaCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2009
Omaha
I don't know where people are getting their information from, but Texas does not have a bye week directly before they play ISU. We play them on Oct 23rd. Nebraska plays Texas on Oct 17th. Texas's bye week is Oct 10th.

Doesn't change anything about our schedule, but I'm really tired of looking at future season. I want Thursday to get here!!! Go Clones!