Assist from Muscatine for this weekend

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
Any locals know a local bar or resturant that will have the game on Saturday night?

With it being on Cyclones.tv, I'm thinking it may be tough to find on TV in eastern Iowa. Will be in town and was hoping someone can direct me to a place that will definitely have the game on.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Unless things have changed significantly since I was last home, your best 2 bets will be Buffalo Wild Wings off 61 near HyVee or Boonies down near 2nd street.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Also MAYBE Hubbles or Jodys. Jodys is a hawk bar but I haven't been there in awhile so maybe Joe has wisened up and stopped catering purely to hawk fan demands. Hubbles is friendly to both but have no idea if either will invest in it being smaller but they are options if BWW or Boonies let you down.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Unless things have changed significantly since I was last home, your best 2 bets will be Buffalo Wild Wings off 61 near HyVee or Boonies down near 2nd street.
Every BWW everywhere has satellite in my experience. You need somewhere with Mediacom.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Cyclones.TV is only on Mediacom or online. If they have satellite they can't show the game even if every single person in the bar wanted them to.

Forgive me. As a native of Muscatine I will defer to the BDubs expert. All I will say is you're wrong and in the past they have shown events of cyclones tv. Carry on.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I agree that BWW or Boonie's would be your best bets for watching the game. The local cable provider in Muscatine is MP&W (Muscatine Power and Water) which does not offer Cyclones.tv so I'm thinking your best bet is to call one of the places and see if they are streaming the game online. I would imagine that would be the only way it could be shown unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 8507

I agree that BWW or Boonie's would be your best bets for watching the game. The local cable provider in Muscatine is MP&W (Muscatine Power and Water) which does not offer Cyclones.tv so I'm thinking your best bet is to call one of the places and see if they are streaming the game online. I would imagine that would be the only way it could be shown unfortunately.

Last year The Pearl, which is downtown off the river, was the designated Cyclone establishment. Was great watching the ISU win over Iowa in there. Even had a Hawk fan I didn't know buy me a congratulatory beer after the game. I would invite you to my man cave to watch but I will be at the game.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I haven't lived in Muscatine since HS circa 2004, but when I do get back Boonie's seems to be the place to be. I watched a lot of USMNT games there. No clue if they get Cyclones.tv or not, but it never hurts to ask. Plus if enough people call places to see if they have it, maybe they'd start catering to all the Clone fans too (but I doubt it.)

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

If you have to choose between these two Boonies has the better beer selection. Last week they had New Holland Dragons Milk on tap.

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
Well, made a few calls. BWW was a no, The chick at Boonies was not sure and suggested I call back later...this is not looking positive.

Help Support Us

Become a patron