At Houston is the biggest road game since _____?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Thinking about how many huge matchups/wins vs ranked teams we have had in Hilton recently had me wondering about Monday night's away game...

This game could go a long way for the winner in regards to grabbing the Big XII regular season crown. ISU's game in Houston is the biggest (most meaningful) ISU road game since ...?

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This one is big, but I doubt the biggest. That being said I can't think of another game outside of the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: riceville98

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This game is massive for so many reasons. The most obvious is the inside track to win a Big 12 regular season championship BUT even more for me would be the fact that if the boys can pull this off, they have a path for a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Would still need to basically win out. The path would be there though.

Now I am not expecting a W as I think Houston is the second best team in the country behind UConn and it’s at their gym. But let’s roll it out there and see what happens.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It's just a huge opportunity for this team and this program. It still feels like people around the country are sleeping on them, but this will be one of the biggest games of the college basketball season, and these guys earned that spotlight. The best part is that we have nothing to lose here, so we can go out and give it everything we've got and let the chips fall where they may. I just hope we are in a position to win or lose the game in the last couple minutes.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
This is a big one, but its not the end of the season. We could drop this one and still get a share/Big 12 title which to me would be the biggest prize. Tourney success is a little bit random in a given year.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This is a big one, but its not the end of the season. We could drop this one and still get a share/Big 12 title which to me would be the biggest prize. Tourney success is a little bit random in a given year.
Same thought. To win out (including this one) will be tough....also hoping UH has a slip up the next couple weeks to help us.

Really wish we would have played better at Baylor (so a loss Monday would still have us tied).

Super cliche, but Monday we have to make the easy ones (around the rim), cant get flustered, make FTs, and hope we are having an average 3pt shooting night.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
2015 at Kansas State. Was late February.

They weren't ranked but a win gave ISU the share of the title (outright if they don't screw up at Tech or fall asleep vs. Baylor in Ames).

That team tended to flail around though and that afternoon, they flailed around.

That was another one, but it was also after they blew that massive opportunity against Baylor at home.

Things were still good, but the BU game took a little wind out of our sails, both fans and team

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That was another one, but it was also after they blew that massive opportunity against Baylor at home.

Things were still good, but the BU game took a little wind out of our sails, both fans and team

And the South Carolina and Tech games were similar. They just had a habit of getting in a funk and not being able to get out of it.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
And the South Carolina and Tech games were similar. They just had a habit of getting in a funk and not being able to get out of it.

If they had a bad shooting night, they were really in trouble.

What I like about TJ’s teams - the defense will keep things in check if shots aren’t falling, so you can adjust or give the players time to warm up

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
While it is a huge game, I'm hoping our guys are looking at it like it's just the next game on the schedule.

When you look at the remaining schedules for ISU, Houston, Baylor, and Kansas, I'd say we're in excellent position, but only if we win all the games we're supposed to win.

Whether we win or lose at Houston, if we finish the rest of our schedule really strong, we've got a chance to be in 1st place when it's over. It's not all riding on this one game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron