ATH/RB Eli Sanders Obviously Chooses ISU over Iowa

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The Hall thing was always weird to me because just from watching his tape he looked like the far better back between him and Brock. Then he got an Army All-American game spot. Just goes to show these rankings aren't everything.
also false

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You might want to take a moment and think about what you just wrote.

Iowa may want to start targeting recruits in areas where they don't worry about recruits loyalty to another program, just seems they can't crack that code.

If I were KF and BF I would be hitting New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho hard.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The Hall thing was always weird to me because just from watching his tape he looked like the far better back between him and Brock. Then he got an Army All-American game spot. Just goes to show these rankings aren't everything.
I won’t say that he “looked better than Jirehl”. But I wondered why Rivals didn’t bump Breece’s rating, and at the time found an article that said they didn’t think he was “fast enough” to be an elite college back, and were waiting to see another gear.

Well, I guess they’d be seen it now.

As far as the All American Bowl...it’s like they didn’t even have a scout there, because he impressed. Is that a 247 event?

Reactions: Halincandenza

Papajets

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 26, 2014
Just saw on the HR board the hawks are working hard trying to flip Sanders. I would imagine this is BS but I can see them working hard to flip the narrative that they are the 2nd best option for recruits in the state.

Reactions: glenn_thegreat

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Just saw on the HR board the hawks are working hard trying to flip Sanders. I would imagine this is BS but I can see them working hard to flip the narrative that they are the 2nd best option for recruits in the state.
#IowaRecruitingBets
#powertothepeople

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I never understand why some folks pay any attention to what is posted in Hawk boards. Especially HR. Hawkeye message board posters are outliers for the average Hawk fan—and HR posters are outliers even compared to their average message board nuts.

From what I’ve seen on Twitter, Sanders is already recruiting for ISU. So yes, it’s BS.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
They might be trying but it doesn't matter, Sanders will sign with ISU.

Iowa offered Hinson from DM North yesterday. They are is only FBS offer and he's committing tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

kcbob79clone

I am extremely happy for the kid. Don't know the last time a North FB player signed with a D1 program and I'm sure he thought covid would hurt his chances of getting a D1 scholarhsip. But the opportunity to play at Iowa is probably a life changer for this kid.

Just don't ask about the scrambled eggs and he will probably be OK

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Hall looked and is better than Brock how is that false?

Can we just hit pause on judging Jirehl til he gets some consistent playing time? The dude was highly rated and a badass in HS who started 6mo behind Hall, who is also a badass. I'm not expecting another Heisman level player but who here was predicting that we would have a guy as good as David (in Hall)?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I am extremely happy for the kid. Don't know the last time a North FB player signed with a D1 program and I'm sure he thought covid would hurt his chances of getting a D1 scholarhsip. But the opportunity to play at Iowa is probably a life changer for this kid.
Yeah it’s a cool story.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz