Athletic Facilities across the Nation

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Seems like A LOT of money for not much back.
I've never been, but hasn't there stadium continued to be a joke for decades now? I think I recall some updates maybe 10 years ago, but it still needed a lot of work.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Nebraska voting on stadium upgrade today, some wondering where the money is coming from.
They're a great example of having too much money to know what to do with (but yet continuing to milk public funds instead). They probably only need a fraction of the updates being proposed unless they really start to become a top tier B1G team.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've never been, but hasn't there stadium continued to be a joke for decades now? I think I recall some updates maybe 10 years ago, but it still needed a lot of work.
I went for our last away game there. It didn't do much for me. I think the grass hills behind the benches are weird.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Yup prices have exploded in the last few years. I am on a board at one of ISU’s research farms and we are putting up a multipurpose building. Prices have gone up 50% after comparing our building to other buildings put up at research farms around the state. Our project in not near the price of what is being talked about here, but, prices are getting out of hand.
We are in the middle of a fund drive for this building, so f you or your company would like to help out ISU Research, that would be great.
Go Cyclones

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

- SEC TV money coming in
- That money has to go somewhere
- General university budget, to ease financial pressures on fees/tuition? General athletic department budget, to help Olympic/non-revenue sports?
- Naw, it’s all gotta go into coaches’ salaries and football facilities, that just how it works, man, why are you questioning the system, are you some kinda commie?

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1 and 1UNI2ISU