Athletic Facilities across the Nation

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I would've guessed that was an MLS stadium by the renderings. I assume it will be more of a facelift than something that adds capacity(I'm guessing it will still be around 50k.). Will have to check it out whenever it gets finished.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Pretty neat, renderings never look like the final product but it's a pretty unique looking stadium if it ends up like that. The lights are kinda weird but I like it. It looks like someone left early from their basket weaving class

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Pretty neat, renderings never look like the final product but it's a pretty unique looking stadium if it ends up like that. The lights are kinda weird but I like it. It looks like someone left early from their basket weaving class
More like Riker's Island vibes lol

Attachments

• 1692132036627.png
    1692132036627.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Is that a hotel by the stadium? Does the Cytown area have any hotel or permanent residence? That could be kinda cool. Too bad no one goes to Kansas football games

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This looks like it must be close to a total knock down and rebuild. What is the cost on this?
Believe they are saying around $300 million but that could be including some other projects as well.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I would've guessed that was an MLS stadium by the renderings. I assume it will be more of a facelift than something that adds capacity(I'm guessing it will still be around 50k.). Will have to check it out whenever it gets finished.
It looks like they plan on getting rid of the Touchdown Club and doing a single level bowl on the south side so I would guess a slight increase in capacity

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Lengthy piece in the OWH. Interesting that they're also replacing the majority of benches in the stadium with actual seats, and when it's all said and done the capacity will drop to 80k. Also, the matter of what do during at least one season (possibly two) of construction with the 23,000 fans who normally sit in the south end zone.

A number of things remain to be decided — including what to do about the students and fans currently in South Stadium. Some temporary seating could be one possibility, Alberts said, although that could pose safety concerns.

There may be some creative ways to serve displaced fans. Alberts said ideas are being kicked around, such as having special gatherings with free food in Pinnacle Bank Arena where displaced fans could watch games on video boards.

“There may not be a physical seat in the stadium,” Alberts said. “Or maybe once it’s built, there are some things that we can do to recognize the sacrifice.”

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

Lengthy piece in the OWH. Interesting that they're also replacing the majority of benches in the stadium with actual seats, and when it's all said and done the capacity will drop to 80k. Also, the matter of what do during at least one season (possibly two) of construction with the 23,000 fans who normally sit in the south end zone.

A number of things remain to be decided — including what to do about the students and fans currently in South Stadium. Some temporary seating could be one possibility, Alberts said, although that could pose safety concerns.

There may be some creative ways to serve displaced fans. Alberts said ideas are being kicked around, such as having special gatherings with free food in Pinnacle Bank Arena where displaced fans could watch games on video boards.

“There may not be a physical seat in the stadium,” Alberts said. “Or maybe once it’s built, there are some things that we can do to recognize the sacrifice.”
I would think that most schools would be wise to replace bleachers with real seats. Capacity continues to be of lesser importance in the era of HDTV, streaming, and whatever comes next.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Bet those phone calls/e-mails will be fun to respond to from the season ticket holders in the South Endzone who may not have seats for a season or two.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Bet those phone calls/e-mails will be fun to respond to from the season ticket holders in the South Endzone who may not have seats for a season or two.

Agreed. I remember there being a long waiting list to get seats. If that is still the case, and I was in the shoes of a season ticket holder losing my seat in the stadium, I would demand I be put on the top of that list.