Athletic Facilities across the Nation

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I visited Austin this past weekend and got to take in a concert at the Moody Center. That is a state of the art facility. We were in section 106 which was the Dell Lounge area. It was a nice way of making visitors feel special when in all actuality you’re just keeping the traffic down by having a bar and bathroom for 3 or 4 sections. The outside was well groomed, fan shop looked nice and they even had a self checkout area for drinks and snacks. Would recommend to anyone visiting Austin.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Damn... I wish ISU could put $340m more into Jack Trice Stadium.
They have the money to build amazing facilities, and to buy the best players. How's that working out for them on the national championship front? They were big dawgs here in the Big 12. The SEC teams will likely eat them alive.
I love the fact that they sink all that money into sports and don't really reap the benefits. :)

Besides...my sister is a Longhorn. She knows nothing about sports, probably couldn't name their football QB or basketball coach, but she LOVES to call me after UT beats ISU in something (which used to be a fairly frequent occasion). IMO, she's pretty indicative of most of the Longhorns I know. I have plenty of better reasons to hate UT athletics!

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
ut has won 1 natty in 50 years playing in conferences that included rice, Kansas and tt.