Attempted Abduction in Marion

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Mods, feel free to delete this if you deem necessary, but I wanted to let all of my fellow cyclone fans that live in the Marion area know that there are some sick ****s out there driving around that are trying to abduct teenage girls.

3 guys in a black passenger car tried to abduct my 15yr old niece as she was walking to work this afternoon. She lives over by Marion High School and was walking to a restaurant up town. I urge you that if you have kids in the area, please do not let them walk anywhere on their own and not let them go out without knowing where they are going.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I don't know all of the details yet, but she was screaming and fighting pretty hard and then her cell phone started ringing. I think the she was somehow able to answer and the guys got spooked and bolted.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Not a word of this reported in the local media and they are usually ALL OVER this stuff.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Sick. I live in Atkins, just west of Cedar Rapids, and I've always heard good things about Marion and how it was safe and had a small town feel. Hopefully the cops get these sick bastards sooner rather than later.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Sick. I live in Atkins, just west of Cedar Rapids, and I've always heard good things about Marion and how it was safe and had a small town feel. Hopefully the cops get these sick bastards sooner rather than later.

Marion is definitely one of those towns where there are two sides of the tracks.

I see the media has finally picked up on the story. Kind of disturbs me it took them so long, the sooner the story gets out the better the chance of catching these *** holes.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Mods, feel free to delete this if you deem necessary, but I wanted to let all of my fellow cyclone fans that live in the Marion area know that there are some sick ****s out there driving around that are trying to abduct teenage girls.

3 guys in a black passenger car tried to abduct my 15yr old niece as she was walking to work this afternoon. She lives over by Marion High School and was walking to a restaurant up town. I urge you that if you have kids in the area, please do not let them walk anywhere on their own and not let them go out without knowing where they are going.
Live in the LinnMar District and they built a large Section 8 Apartment complex down the road from LinnMar h.s. to attract Illinois residents---which they have.

There are other areas of the Marion School district that are very safe, but pocket of thugs there also. The amount of crime in Linn County has exploded if you ask me in the last ten years. The CR Police are not proactive and unwilling (as are the media) to define the core problems and symptoms that have created these problems.

I grew up in the CR area we had a 'reported' shooting once every 5-10 years. Now it's every other day. Political correctness doesn't help anyone--it basically kills people.

sorry to hear of your nieces' very scary experience. Those three thugs should be shot

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Linnmar area is still ridiculously safe and 95% white.
Who mentioned race? There is a huge apartment complex down the street that gets 200-300 police calls/yr.

Section 8 housing is a condensed area is a bad idea, according to one of the leading community activists in CR area, who is a native of South Chicago.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Who mentioned race? There is a huge apartment complex down the street that gets 200-300 police calls/yr.

Section 8 housing is a condensed area is a bad idea, according to one of the leading community activists in CR area, who is a native of South Chicago.

I wasn't trying to make it a race issue, just most of the people in crapids try to blame all the crime on young african american men coming from chicago. Linn-mar doesnt have that problem at all, and is probably one of the safest places in North America to live. But I'm not trying to minimize the attempted abduction, that is some sad and scary stuff. Thanks for the warning.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I wasn't trying to make it a race issue, just most of the people in crapids try to blame all the crime on young african american men coming from chicago. Linn-mar doesnt have that problem at all, and is probably one of the safest places in North America to live. But I'm not trying to minimize the attempted abduction, that is some sad and scary stuff. Thanks for the warning.

No, you're right. Jamba is an absolute idiot. While you didn't mention race, you certainly were hinting at it and anyone who lives in the area would pick up on that.

The problem is not in the apartment complex you mentioned, it is downtown CR. Marion is incredibly safe due to excellent neighborhoods and cops that jump at any opportunity to turn their lights on.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Grew up in Marion and it was always safe. The entire metro area has slowly gone down hill. Growing up the area I lived in hardly ever had any criminial activity and in the last couple of years numerous houses and cars have been broken into.

Earlier this year KCRG did a story on the CRPD and their K-9 unit. The officer interviewed said that they have the same number of officers as they did in 1990 while the population has more than doubled.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron