Auburn...woof!

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
5b58f77899ee60d4aa3442150d1c21e3.jpg

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Feel bad for Chuck and for those Auburn players. That was gut wrenching although it was a definitely a foul.

But on the other hand, screw Bruce Pearl. Karma is a *****.
Double dribbling is a turn over infraction.....too bad the ref standing 5 feet away did not see it.
Worst officiated game of the tournament to date. (and yes that was a foul at the end, but it should never have mattered)

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Double dribbling is a turn over infraction.....too bad the ref standing 5 feet away did not see it.
Worst officiated game of the tournament to date. (and yes that was a foul at the end, but it should never have mattered)

Definitely a huge missed call in a crucial moment but you can see the ref was looking up court. Just not what he was looking for in that moment.

Very ISU way to lose a game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The foul is what it is, sucks for them but that's how it is called. Double dribble was missed call that almost certainly would have given the game to Auburn.

It's not like the double dribble call was a judgement call or hard to see. You could have called it from space.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The foul is what it is, sucks for them but that's how it is called. Double dribble was missed call that almost certainly would have given the game to Auburn.

It's not like the double dribble call was a judgement call or hard to see. You could have called it from space.
i wonder if ref thought it got deflected by auburn

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Bull **** you knew that was the right call before the tv guys said something.

• Agree
Reactions: chuckd4735

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
i wonder if ref thought it got deflected by auburn

If he wasn't completely looking away that's the only other explanation because clearly that has to be called. I mean I may not have known whether to call it a travel or a double dribble, but anyone who has followed basketball knows you can't do that without an opponent touching the ball.

To be honest I thought Tyrese kicked it live too, on replay it was clear his foot was never even within a foot of the ball. Kid has insane reach. When it was first called though I just figured he did kick it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Was the no call on the double dribble made by Doug Sirmons (who ref'd 6 ISU games this year)?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Definitely a huge missed call in a crucial moment but you can see the ref was looking up court. Just not what he was looking for in that moment.

The most ISU way to lose would have been to get the foul Virginia did at the end of the game, and then only make one free throw

• Agree
Reactions: Pickman and GTO

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
No. I cant remember the guy's name but we've had him plenty of times too.

Keith Kimble is the name of the one that missed the double dribble. James Breeding made the good call on the foul.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

Actually, a very ISU way to lose a game would be for that guy to miss the shot, and for the ISU guy guarding him not even touching him but the ref calls us for the foul anyway. ****! I hate myself for even texting that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron