Austin Desanto Transferring

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
No that we would be a potential landing spot with Parker and Gomez around his weight, but it seems though Iowa and Penn State are the early front-runners to land him, which makes this very interesting.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
He needs to go somewhere the staff can help him learn to lose with class instead of throwing a tantrum and trying to injure his opponent. Never say never but I don't see that happening at Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: jmb1498 and cynile

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
As much as I dislike Iowa, DeStanto going there would fill that hole at 133 and go a long way towards giving Penn State a challenge at the team title next year. Would be great from that sense.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Have to wonder if Iowa is too far from home. He does have a type of autism, which I can only assume is a tremendous challenge for both him and his coaches.

What he tried to do to Micic was inexcusable, but I do hope this works out for him.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
He was a big fish in a small pond at Drexel. Lots of good publicity for the program prior to Micic match.

Interesting to see how he does being just another fish in the bigger pond

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Penn State would be my guess, but they already have a lowerweight logjam of freshmen coming in there next year with Teasdale, Teske, and Bravo-Young.

If he went to Iowa he would probably automatically become the most hatable wrestler in a while after how he acted at the NCAA’s. I know he’s on the spectrum but if he can’t control himself then he shouldn’t be on the mat at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonic1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What part of Penn is he from? Would Pitt be a landing spot? Wouldn’t think penn state. Maybe Rutgers?

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
He needs to go somewhere the staff can help him learn to lose with class instead of throwing a tantrum and trying to injure his opponent. Never say never but I don't see that happening at Iowa.
I mean, Iowa did take (or at least tried to take) Downey

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Penn State would be my guess, but they already have a lowerweight logjam of freshmen coming in there next year with Teasdale, Teske, and Bravo-Young.

If he went to Iowa he would probably automatically become the most hatable wrestler in a while after how he acted at the NCAA’s. I know he’s on the spectrum but if he can’t control himself then he shouldn’t be on the mat at all.

Don’t they also have the top ranked HS JR that projects to 125 as well? Bussilieo (sp?).

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Don’t they also have the top ranked HS JR that projects to 125 as well? Bussilieo (sp?).

Adam Busiello. I know he’s well-regarded, but I don’t have a Flo account so I can’t say if he’s the #1 junior. I’m sure you’re right though.

Tons of talent there, but the fact of the matter is that there are only so many spots for all these guys. Some will almost certainly leave.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
No thanks. Though, I Will enjoy watching Parker beat him again if he chooses Iowa.

Their seasons went in opposite directions after that. With the training partners at Iowa and this kid's raw talent he will become a hammer--IF he can mature. I've heard he is Iowa bound.

• Disagree
Reactions: pancake

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Their seasons went in opposite directions after that. With the training partners at Iowa and this kid's raw talent he will become a hammer--IF he can mature. I've heard he is Iowa bound.

I’m probably splitting hairs, but I’d say he is more motor than talent. That’s not to say he’s devoid of talent, because that’s not true, but he could be a LOT more technical than he is. He beats people by outworking and breaking them. He loses when he can’t break his opponent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m probably splitting hairs, but I’d say he is more motor than talent. That’s not to say he’s devoid of talent, because that’s not true, but he could be a LOT more technical than he is. He beats people by outworking and breaking them. He loses when he can’t break his opponent.

Heard he wants to bump up a weight to 141.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

I get what you're saying. The kid is a brawler and has a lot of horsepower. Not sure he has the mental makeup to hone his wrestling skills and as mentioned Iowa City doesn't seem like a place he will go and mature. Maybe Lee rubs off on him.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
...sounds like an ole' Hawkeye to me!