Auto Body Shop Recommendations

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
A while back this board helped me find an Ames mechanic for my son's car who is attending ISU. Now thanks to a fender bender, I am in need of an auto body shop that I can trust not to take advantage of a young person. No insurance involved as the car is not valuable enough to maintain full coverage but with the lack of replacement vehicles, fixing it seems the logical solution right now.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Can't recommend a place but I can recommend to avoid Gabus Body shop. Had to take a door repair back twice because it started rusting. They just couldn't put the new skin on and paint it correctly.

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
A while back this board helped me find an Ames mechanic for my son's car who is attending ISU. Now thanks to a fender bender, I am in need of an auto body shop that I can trust not to take advantage of a young person. No insurance involved as the car is not valuable enough to maintain full coverage but with the lack of replacement vehicles, fixing it seems the logical solution right now.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Welter Auto Body in Mitchelville. Owner is John Welter and does Great work and will work within your budget. Give him a call
(515)971-1058

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Schaefer Auto Body on East Lincolnway has always been by go to.
I second this. They have good quality people that care about their customers. Saved over $500 going through them compared to what the dealership’s service department.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will be moving my son to his new apt this weekend so we will be discussing these recommendations. :cool:

Help Support Us

Become a patron