Pseudonym

Apr 7, 2009
San Francisco, California
Hasn't this happened a handful of times before? Of all the shady sites on the internet, this is the one that keeps causing trouble.

I have a Mac at home so I'm not worried but this site is officially blocked at work at its "a known malicious website". LOL

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Hasn't this happened a handful of times before? Of all the shady sites on the internet, this is the one that keeps causing trouble.

I have a Mac at home so I'm not worried but this site is officially blocked at work at its "a known malicious website". LOL

At my workplace it says blocked by reputation and then says McAfee rates it as a malicious website.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Guys - I apologize for this. Trust me, it has caused me a lot of sleepless nights over the last week and I feel really bad about everything. Unfortunately, I'm not a computer guru. If I was, I'd work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until this thing gets taken care of.

Security is something that we take very seriously on our site. Seeing threads like this pop up makes me sick to my stomach. Our company has invested thousands of dollars to keep CF secure over the last year and unfortunately, it appears that somebody or something got to us again this week.

While I cannot erase the past, I promise you that we are diligently working on this problem.

If you do not feel safe on our site, I ask you to please PM me your email address. I understand and would love to contact you via email when everything is cleared up. Thanks for your time. Have a great weekend.

Chris

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Not to bring this up again, but I just got hit with a "Free IPad2: Exclusive to Cyclone Fanatic members" ad. Didn't have it detected.

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
Not to bring this up again, but I just got hit with a "Free IPad2: Exclusive to Cyclone Fanatic members" ad. Didn't have it detected.

I got hit twice earlier tonight. The free ipad thing tried to freeze me up, task mgr/end task got me out. The one before that tried to dump my memory (blue screen with dump details) and I shut it down and re-booted and seem to be ok...

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Guess I'm glad (or sad) that it isn't just me. Did you guys do a scan after that? I don't know if it would do any good.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
McAfee Site Advisor just gave me a nasty gram about going to the forums section. Not sure what's up. Been running this for months and have never seen this before.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My employer finally blocked Cyclone Fanatic in the last 6 months because of all the virus problems. Hawkeye Nation is still passing through the filters.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
McAfee site advisor had CF listed as malicious for about 5 days, but it is clear now. Seems to be the only site that I visit as viruses in the ads. You may need to test your ads even more.....

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Here's what I get when I visit the site. This is the only site the warning pops up on. However, when I click on the red warning down in the bottom right of the first picture I attached, I get what I posted in the second attached picture.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Here's what I get when I visit the site. This is the only site the warning pops up on. However, when I click on the red warning down in the bottom right of the first picture I attached, I get what I posted in the second attached picture.

Yup, same here. On the initial visit it flags it as being "risky" with no more specifics. However if you view the site report everything seems fine.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Now that you mention it, I've had two warnings from my software as well and I blew them off which is STUPID on my part due to the fact that I got hit with the last virus that was on this site and cost me $400 to fix.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Avast is reporting a virus when I access CycloneFanatic.com. It only shows me a snippet of the URL:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/cron...

Is anyone else seeing this?

Yep, my Avast is blocking some Trojan Horse everytime I click on any thread on here. Started maybe an hour ago for me.

This is what Avast is telling me, which means nothing to me btw.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-fr-vi...s/virus-alert-default&p_vir=HTML:Shellface-S [Trj]&p_prc=C:\Program%20Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe&p_obj=http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/cron.php?rand=1378513980|{gzip}&p_var=.%2Ffa%2Fen-us%2Fvirus-alert-default&p_elm=7&p_lex=242&p_lid=en-us&p_lng=en&p_lqa=0&p_lqe=0&p_lst=0&p_lsu=24&p_pro=0&p_bld=chr2%3Btris4&p_vep=7&p_ves=0&p_vbd=1474