B/R: Power Ranking the Best Uniforms in the Big 12

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Oklahoma state has the best ones by far. Really like their combinations.

Our uniforms are fine, but we need more alternates and helmets to mix in every once in awhile. Recruits will love it!

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Yeah I don't like his list. How can he talk about how UT's look is classic then bag on OU for being old fashioned. I do think we have the worst uni's in the conference though.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
1 UT - can't really argue with it, though their logo still looks like a uterus
2 ISU - clean, classic, love the stripes and our colors
3 OU - classic but even a little too plain
4 KSU - sort of like ours in my mind, but purple
5 KU - the blue/white/gray is okay, but just okay, and their white helmets and black alts were horrendous
6 Baylor - if they stuck to gold and green (and one shade of gold) they could be a lot higher
7 WVU - way too Nike-ified and all the alternative colors hurt my eyes
8 OSU - their white/orange stuff is fine, but they mix in so many stupid colors they downgrade themselves
9 TTU - could be higher if they went simpler and stuck to their colors, but they don't
10 TCU - ugly

Call me biased towards the home team, but that's the way it is.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
So... this means USC must have horrible uniforms too considering they are the exact same thing, but I bet they are probably #1 on their list.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Amazing how our uniforms are identical, yet we're last place and USC is 1st. Typical ISU bias ...

"The best uniforms in the Pac-12, in my opinion, belong to USC.

"When I think of the Trojans, I think of the timeless scarlet and gold uniforms and the Trojan logo on the helmet. I’m glad the program has no plans to change the design anytime soon."

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Amazing how our uniforms are identical, yet we're last place and USC is 1st. Typical ISU bias ...

"The best uniforms in the Pac-12, in my opinion, belong to USC.

"When I think of the Trojans, I think of the timeless scarlet and gold uniforms and the Trojan logo on the helmet. I’m glad the program has no plans to change the design anytime soon."
They call USC gold, but ISU is yellow. Yuuup, makes sense.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
To be fair, the Pac-12 and Big 12 uniform rankings are written by different people, but still...

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Hate to say this but I think TX has the best logo and color in the country. And, they are the only one that used that color. As far as the original topic goes if somebody ranked hot dog buns in the Big XII it would look almost identical to talent rankings.

Reactions: Cyrok

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Haha the person who wrote that sounds exactly like a hawk fan. He lost all credibility when he called one of our colors "yellow" and not Gold.
And if he says our jersey's are too plain, I'm assuming he also hates Ole Miss and LSU's unis.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Our's are not historical like USC's. If they want to upgrade ours easy they could start by putting a white stripe between the two yellow stripes on the pants and have gold trim around the numbers on the jersey. The complete cardinal and gold looks like garbage imo with no white. See the road BB uni's. They are sharp!

tjh1984

Feb 11, 2009
New Orleans
Texas has by far the best, I think TCU is second. K-State is by far the worst and we are for sure in the bottom third. We have never had great jerseys in the last 15 years.