B12 bball "season thread"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Scott Drew should be up for NCOY with the job he has done this season.
They are out of the zone a lot for his style of play too. He's got them playing really, really well. That kid they got from a D3 in MN is a big contributor.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Another ho-hum boring night in the Big 12. Worst year ever for watching Big 12 basketball, and not just because we are awful.

I'd say the same for college basketball in general.

Usually you get into February and things start to get interesting with bracketology, conference runs, etc. and it seems every game is very anti-climatic.

You can be a very marginal basketball team and make a deep run this year.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'd say the same for college basketball in general.

Usually you get into February and things start to get interesting with bracketology, conference runs, etc. and it seems every game is very anti-climatic.

You can be a very marginal basketball team and make a deep run this year.
There has been more upheaval in CBB this year than in any prior. Not sure why you would find that boring.

Saturday alone, #8, #10 and #16 lost at home to unranked teams. #11, #14, #21, #23 and #25 lost on the road to an unranked team.

How much more chaos do you need?!?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There has been more upheaval in CBB this year than in any prior. Not sure why you would find that boring.

Saturday alone, #8, #10 and #16 lost at home to unranked teams. #11, #14, #21, #23 and #25 lost on the road to an unranked team.

How much more chaos do you need?!?

The 'upheaval' is because consistency is a rarity. Chaos would be if I thought there were a lot of good teams out there.

Were any of those upsets very alarming?

Heck Baylor's ranked 1 and I'm not buying that they're even that good.

• Disagree
Reactions: randomfan44

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Maybe I'm not as interested because my team sucks pretty much, cheaters aren't held accountable, best players leave early, and then there's this new phenomenon ESPN Plus hanging over the league, so much so that I read here people reference watching games like Auburn v. Alabama. The Plus is killing B12 hoops presently. But maybe the Cats withering away as they are within a half-empty gym has more to do with my personal interest than the other stuff, not sure.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Maybe I'm not as interested because my team sucks pretty much, cheaters aren't held accountable, best players leave early, and then there's this new phenomenon ESPN Plus hanging over the league, so much so that I read here people reference watching games like Auburn v. Alabama. The Plus is killing B12 hoops presently. But maybe the Cats withering away as they are with a half-empty gym has more to do with my personal interest than the other stuff, not sure.
Teams 5-10 being downright trash this year is whats ruined the Big 12 this year. Also, did you know ESPN (not plus) BTN, and other networks have reported losing more subscribers faster than ever before the last year? Streaming will be the future.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Teams 5-10 being downright trash this year is whats ruined the Big 12 this year. Also, did you know ESPN (not plus) BTN, and other networks have reported losing more subscribers faster than ever before the last year? Streaming will be the future.

Our AD keeps telling us that about streaming.

While two bottom-feeders, ISU and K-State square-off on ESPN2 for 9th place, both Baylor v. WVU and Ku v. WVU are upcoming on the Plus. How many around the nation are going to signup to watch two of the best games of the year streaming?

Today, what I have in-hand is killing interest in B12 hoops. Tomorrow is a promissory note.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Our AD keeps telling us that about streaming.

While two bottom-feeders, ISU and K-State square-off on ESPN2 for 9th place, both Baylor v. WVU and Ku v. WVU are upcoming on the Plus. How many around the nation are going to signup to watch two of the best games of the year streaming?

Today, what I have in-hand is killing interest in B12 hoops. Tomorrow is a promissory note.
Nothing is being killed. The Big 12 is being forced to deal with their better games being pushed to ESPN+ for now. I have it and enjoy it just fine. Others will either get it or not and the networks will adjust.

It's a down year in talent across the board. Next year will still happen. Up cycles will still happen. Nothing is being killed.