B12 Board

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I like the thought, but it’s a brutal travel schedule vs. the West. I’d like to see some blend of your idea.

Welcome and let’s do some good thing$ together!
Could also do a divisional split that’s an East/West split but splits up the state of Texas.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m also hoping to be in the same division with you guys. I’m thinking that the divisions will be:

East:
Iowa State
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Kansas
Kansas State
UCF

West:
Oklahoma State
BYU
Texas Tech
TCU
Houston
Baylor
Where does OuT sit if they stick around until 2025 (don’t think it will happen, but just incase)

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I’m also hoping to be in the same division with you guys. I’m thinking that the divisions will be:

East:
Iowa State
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Kansas
Kansas State
UCF

West:
Oklahoma State
BYU
Texas Tech
TCU
Houston
Baylor

I want nothing to do with those divisions just due to travel.

Maybe something like:

Old Timers

Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Kansas
Baylor
Texas Tech

Young pups

BYU
WV
TCU
Houston
UCF
Cincinnati

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Hey Cyclones! I’m a UCF fan and looking forward to playing you guys every year in the B12! Always liked Iowa State and Matt Campbell and hope I can go there for a game sometime.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would like to join a new Big 12 board and talk to other B12 conference mates as well as talk on this board. If you’re interested, here’s the link:
Big 12 Board

Not trying to spam or advertise, just want to make a place for all B12 fans to talk about things regarding the conference, and get different fans’ perspectives. If you are going to go to Orlando for a game when we play you guys for the first time, feel free to ask me any questions!

Go cyclones!

Besides the board you mention, Cyclone Fanatic includes an area for Big 12 discussion and Heartland College Sports is dedicated to covering the Big 12, including the incoming teams, and has a Members Forum (I don't know how much it is used).

On CF:
SPORTS

Big XII Conference New
Everything relating to the Big XII Conference that isn't ISU specific.

Reactions: BraveKnight

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
I want nothing to do with those divisions just due to travel.

Maybe something like:

Old Timers

Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Kansas
Baylor
Texas Tech

Young pups

BYU
WV
TCU
Houston
UCF
Cincinnati
But if you think the travel is bad in the one I suggested, imagine having schools in Morgantown WV, Provo Utah, and Orlando FL in the same division. That would be twice as bad.

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
Besides the board you mention, Cyclone Fanatic includes an area for Big 12 discussion and Heartland College Sports is dedicated to covering the Big 12, including the incoming teams, and has a Members Forum (I don't know how much it is used).

On CF:
SPORTS

Big XII Conference New
Everything relating to the Big XII Conference that isn't ISU specific.
I see, and I’ll definitely check it out, but I’d like to have a board with fans of all B12 teams, not just 1 or 2 at a time. The board I mentioned has fans from UCF, Kansas, BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, WVU, and Baylor already, even with an Iowa State fan that posts occasionally. I personally like hearing the perspective from all the different fanbases and schools in the conference.

Reactions: cyfanatic

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I see, and I’ll definitely check it out, but I’d like to have a board with fans of all B12 teams, not just 1 or 2 at a time. The board I mentioned has fans from UCF, Kansas, BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, WVU, and Baylor already, even with an Iowa State fan that posts occasionally. I personally like hearing the perspective from all the different fanbases and schools in the conference.
Is this about basketball because I don’t think Kansas plays football?

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
But if you think the travel is bad in the one I suggested, imagine having schools in Morgantown WV, Provo Utah, and Orlando FL in the same division. That would be twice as bad.

The East/West split is my preference too.

If you want to care about geography/travel at all, then BYU cannot be in a division with either WVU or UCF, and probably not with Cincinnati. That limits your options. East/West is the best resolution.

Reactions: BraveKnight

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Hey Cyclones! I’m a UCF fan and looking forward to playing you guys every year in the B12! Always liked Iowa State and Matt Campbell and hope I can go there for a game sometime.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would like to join a new Big 12 board and talk to other B12 conference mates as well as talk on this board. If you’re interested, here’s the link:
Big 12 Board

Not trying to spam or advertise, just want to make a place for all B12 fans to talk about things regarding the conference, and get different fans’ perspectives. If you are going to go to Orlando for a game when we play you guys for the first time, feel free to ask me any questions!

Go cyclones!
OK, I just looked at that board. Not opposed to it or the idea, I just don't like that format. I guess I am spoiled by CF. I will probably still visit from time to time but MUCH prefer the visual layout and structure of CF.

BraveKnight

Dec 5, 2021
OK, I just looked at that board. Not opposed to it or the idea, I just don't like that format. I guess I am spoiled by CF. I will probably still visit from time to time but MUCH prefer the visual layout and structure of CF.
I agree, the board skin is definitely outdated, I’m trying to get the owner to update it, he said he would a little while ago. If you guys just started posting every once in a while that would be a big boost, as we are trying to get more old B12 posters.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I don't understand why conferences have rigid divisions, I think the SEC/Big 10 could benefit from a rotation every 2-4 years to maximize match-ups, yet also keep some traditional annual rivalries as well.

The new Big 12 has a pretty clear North vs South divide. East vs West gets a bit muddled as to possibly splitting up in Kansas and Texas.

Reactions: GoldCy