Bad Calls Compilation Video

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
After the debacle from last Saturday, I was throwing around the idea of making a video about some the bad calls that have transpired in the last few years. I wanted to use the calls from KSU this past year but I couldn't find them unless I downloaded the whole game, and I haven't much luck in doing so when I try to attempt that. I would say enjoy, but I probably should say brace yourself instead.

[video=youtube;8jORN_j6pQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jORN_j6pQ0[/video]

Last edited:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I'm quite biased, but the onside against Baylor kills me every single time. I see the officials conversation going something like this:

Tom -"Who was offsides?"

Craig - "Someone was offsides?"

Herb - "Thats what Jason said he threw his flag for!"

Jason - "Shoot, I don't know. I've never seen a kick like that. Was it legal? I didn't know, so I threw a flag."

Tom - "Well crap, we have to come up with something."

Jason - "Uh...#7...offsides on #7!"

Herb - "Was there even a #7 on the field or are you just calling out numbers Jason?"

Jason - "#7!"

Tom - "#7 it is then! No explanation necessary."

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
After the debacle from last Saturday, I was throwing around the idea of making a video about some the bad calls that have transpired in the last few years. I wanted to use the calls from KSU this past year but I couldn't find them unless I downloaded the whole game, and I haven't much luck in doing so when I try to attempt that. I would say enjoy, but I probably should say brace yourself instead.

[video=youtube;mohSlQFih50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mohSlQFih50[/video]

How about going way back to the traveling call against Sam Hill at the end of the Big 12 championship game. He was heavily fouled by Danning Manning, and Manning even had his hand raised to acknowledge he commited the foul, when Woody Mayfield runs all the way in from half coourt to end the game on a non existant traveling call, costing ISU a Big 12 championship.

How about the blarge call in the MSU/ISU regional final that likely cost ISU the NT. MSU went on to crush both teams in the final four, but when the blarge was called in their game with ISU, MSU was losing the game, and almost certainly would have lost. I challenge anyone to find video evidence of a blarge in any game ever, let alone a regional final in the NCAA.

The Aaron Craft charge that cost ISU the OSU/ISU game in the NCAA 2 years ago, a game that if ISU wins, I think that ISU goes on to the final 4. Game was in Ohio for crying out loud.

And the classic, which is in this video, the winning basket by KU scored in the MIDDLE of ISU shooting a 2 shot foul. Again, show me video evidence of this EVER occuring to any other team.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm quite biased, but the onside against Baylor kills me every single time. I see the officials conversation going something like this:

Tom -"Who was offsides?"

Jason - "Shoot, I don't know. I've never seen a kick like that. Was it legal? I didn't know, so I threw a flag."

Herb - "Was there even a #7 on the field or are you just calling out numbers Jason?"

Jason - "#7!"

Rule 6-1-2-a provides an exception and permits the kicker to encroach on or beyond the restraining line without penalty

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
That. Was. Perfect. Thank you!!!!! I'd also put a still of the "interception" against ksu where both knees are down.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
How about going way back to the traveling call against Sam Hill at the end of the Big 12 championship game. He was heavily fouled by Danning Manning, and Manning even had his hand raised to acknowledge he commited the foul, when Woody Mayfield runs all the way in from half coourt to end the game on a non existant traveling call, costing ISU a Big 12 championship.

How about the blarge call in the MSU/ISU regional final that likely cost ISU the NT. MSU went on to crush both teams in the final four, but when the blarge was called in their game with ISU, MSU was losing the game, and almost certainly would have lost. I challenge anyone to find video evidence of a blarge in any game ever, let alone a regional final in the NCAA.

The Aaron Craft charge that cost ISU the OSU/ISU game in the NCAA 2 years ago, a game that if ISU wins, I think that ISU goes on to the final 4. Game was in Ohio for crying out loud.

And the classic, which is in this video, the winning basket by KU scored in the MIDDLE of ISU shooting a 2 shot foul. Again, show me video evidence of this EVER occuring to any other team.

It was the Big 8 Championship when Sam Hill called for traveling, and I'm pretty sure it was against Wayman Tisdale and the OU Sooners. Johnny was pi$$ed!

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
That. Was. Perfect. Thank you!!!!! I'd also put a still of the "interception" against ksu where both knees are down.

Sorry boys, but the int is still that "going to the ground" rule. Maybe a crap rule, but a rule all the same. Can't really fault the refs on that one.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

Tom -"Who was offsides?"

Jason - "#7!"

Anyone else read this in a southern accent?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Anyone recall the conversation regarding the targeting call vs NDSU? Something that because it was called on the field, the replay official had to uphold it. But if it hadn't been - it would've been ok to let it pass?

So in effect - we went to replay. It wasn't really targeting but since that's how they called it - we have to uphold it.

So why go to replay at all?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

[video=youtube;mohSlQFih50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mohSlQFih50[/video]

Big 12's probably going to sue you for stealing their copyrighted video clips for doing this

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone recall the conversation regarding the targeting call vs NDSU? Something that because it was called on the field, the replay official had to uphold it. But if it hadn't been - it would've been ok to let it pass?

So in effect - we went to replay. It wasn't really targeting but since that's how they called it - we have to uphold it.

So why go to replay at all?
That's not the way the review for targeting penalties works at all.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

I believe the focus of the video was against Big 12 refs. Your first example was in the Big 8 days and your other examples weren't Big 12 games.