Basketball Intro

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Purdue added to their pregame intro (with lights off -- like Hilton now) flashing lights from the fans. I've seen stuff like this done with cell phone flash lights. Could be cool to see during intros in Hilton.

Other stadiums have done similar in football too:

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
We did last night. Cyclone alley sent out a message for the students to hold up their phones but not many did.
Is there an app that syncs to everyone's phone so they can synchronize the flashing? I know the capabilities are out there, I just can't remember the name of the app.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I wasn't at the game Friday so last night was my first time seeing the intro. Meh.

The lights off with the ribbon board was really cool. The light "flash" effect went on way too long. The video is the worst part, IMO. The one from the last few years highlighting the history of the program was a lot better

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyke

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wasn't at the game Friday so last night was my first time seeing the intro. Meh.

The lights off with the ribbon board was really cool. The light "flash" effect went on way too long. The video is the worst part, IMO. The one from the last few years highlighting the history of the program was a lot better

And we still play Jock Jams, right? If so, why can't we get anything right?

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA

I will argue against that 100% of the time. The videos from the last couple years have been "meh". This year has great production value and is up to date. Decent special effects (except the glass shattering). I like showing our history, but the actual videos from the last couple years looked like they were put together by a high schooler. (I know this because I used to make videos in high school that were better than those).

The combination of the lights off, ribbon board, and the video is by far the best intro we've had. Next step: get the app that syncs with students' phones to get a synchronized flash (as seen in the purdue video) and destroy the jock jams mp3 they downloaded from Napster in 1999.

If we really want to drop some cash, get the 3D court projector like most NBA teams have these days. (that will never happen).

Last edited: