Baylor Bear rooting for the Cyclones!

bearetic

Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Texas
I'm bearetic, pronounced like heretic, like a gay liberal atheist in the heart of Texas. :p I graduated from Baylor (The Iowa State of the Big 12 South) exactly one month ago. Through all the ups and downs in the past 5 years (especially the past week or two!), I've grown attached to my Bears, and empathy for ISU. Hope I've not been too insulting in this post. Anyway, from one red-headed stepchild to another, hi! Let's take over this conference! (And face each other for the final Big 12 Championship game.)

Just popped in here out of curiosity; wanted to see how similar things were over here compared to BaylorFans. Don't know how often I'll be posting here now that this mess is over (for now), but hey, why not sign up and say hi! (Aggies claimed "Howdy," and I'm in no rush to take it back. :p)

I think I'll make y'all my second team. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneTony

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Welcome. A lot of us here like to pull for Baylor as well. Congrats on the elite 8 last this year.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think if I had run into you in Waco, I would have had a much better opinion of Baylor. Record-wise, Baylor might as well be the ISU of the South, however, the fanbases couldn't be any farther apart.

Exhibit A: ISU Tailgating

Exhibit B: Baylor Tailgating

Reactions: CP44

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Welcome!

Many people don't realize how good of a school Baylor is, or how much their campus and facilities have improved. They just need to continue to build their fanbase back up and they will be doing fine.

bearetic

Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Texas
Baylor vs ISU in the final Big 12 Championship game (in its current incarnation, anyhow). Winner takes on the Pac-10 chump for the national title. Wouldn't that be something!

:) Thanks!

I think if I had run into you in Waco, I would have had a much better opinion of Baylor. Record-wise, Baylor might as well be the ISU of the South, however, the fanbases couldn't be any farther apart.

Awww, shucks. Thanks!

I've heard our tailgating pales in comparison to other schools, but I've never been to a tailgate at BU, so I wouldn't know. That probably proves your point, though. :p

Welcome!

Many people don't realize how good of a school Baylor is, or how much their campus and facilities have improved. They just need to continue to build their fanbase back up and they will be doing fine.

Thanks! I don't know much about ISU, but I'm sure y'all are awesome, too.

Welcome. A lot of us here like to pull for Baylor as well. Congrats on the elite 8 last this year.

Thanks! And mucho congrats on your bowl win! Also, you thrashed us in football last year after we killed y'all the year before, but that's how it goes, lol.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN

Hmm... I'm in Exhibit A, well you can only partially see me. But I miss the stripper pole!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Hmm... I'm in Exhibit A, well you can only partially see me. But I miss the stripper pole!

'06 Nebraska game. We were (apparently) tailgating next to you guys, and you just kind of let us have at it with the poll. That's a buddy of mine in the chair, and the girl on the pole is the cousin of another one of our friends. Good times.