Baylor has not changed

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
The media cycle has died down now on Baylor's transgressions and they are now back to playing football again, but after reading this it is apparent they have not changed and more problems should be expected.

In addition, how could anybody really feel that keeping the entire staff and only replacing the head coach is really enough? That is the absolute bare minimum, which is a slap in the face to the victims and there families. Clearly, they don't care about any of that and only want to skate by so they can continue to win and make the $'s. Very disguisting.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...al-assault-prevention-leaves-feeling-defeated

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
While Baylor has serious issues I don't think the issues with the coaches purposefully misleading is as clear cut as it has been made out. I always like how these supposedly neutral investigations find exactly what the people that hired them want. While I imagine there were serious issues I can see room for a possibility where the coaches weren't as bad as they have been made out to be.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I hate to sound like I'm on some kind of moral high ground, but I sat near the Baylor fans and saw several families there with kids and wondered how in the world you could take your kids to a game and support that program.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I hate to sound like I'm on some kind of moral high ground, but I sat near the Baylor fans and saw several families there with kids and wondered how in the world you could take your kids to a game and support that program.

Denial I guess?

I don't understand it. If I were a Baylor Alum with an 18 year old daughter I wouldn't want to send her there. Not with the way "alleged" victims were treated.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I must have missed that Oakman story about him being on the sidelines. That is unbelievable.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I must have missed that Oakman story about him being on the sidelines. That is unbelievable.

Or Russell doubling down on him being a good guy who just made a mistake who is going through a lot.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Because they didn't see any of the bad things happen, and none of the bad things happened to them personally. They're disappointed that it happened at their alma mater, just like the Penn State alum are. But because they hold their personal memories of their time at BU in high regard they will continue to view everything there through those optics. Just as we all would likely do should anything happen at ISU. Forever. Loyal. True.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
First Fickclone it was great seeing you.

Secondly, I agree 100%. It is sick that that kept the entire assistant staff in place (And for full disclosure I know one of the strength coaches from his time at ISU).

I was just waiting for one of their fans to say something smartass as I was leaving the game so I could go off on them, but fortunately for my wife no one said anything.

Also, did anyone think the baylor players were a bunch of chippy punks?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Secondly, I agree 100%. It is sick that that kept the entire assistant staff in place (And for full disclosure I know one of the strength coaches from his time at ISU).

I was just waiting for one of their fans to say something smartass as I was leaving the game so I could go off on them, but fortunately for my wife no one said anything.

Damn right they were. Their fans were cocky as crap for having led for 0:00 seconds of the game. They were lucky as crap that they won that game but they acted like they beat Bama.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Because they didn't see any of the bad things happen, and none of the bad things happened to them personally. They're disappointed that it happened at their alma mater, just like the Penn State alum are. But because they hold their personal memories of their time at BU in high regard they will continue to view everything there through those optics. Just as we all would likely do should anything happen at ISU. Forever. Loyal. True.

I think there would be a higher percentage of fans disassociate themselves with ISU football if it came out that the football staff basically promoted a culture where sexual assault was swept under the rug.

At the very least the entire football staff and any players involved would probably be gone. That's at least a start.

Also, the NCAA would probably punish ISU for lack of institutional control like they should have done to Baylor.

Baylor has had a MURDER and now this occur in it's Athletic Department. And it seems like it's just business as usual. Sports are not that important to me.

IF, and that's a big IF, this happened at ISU I would expect all involved to be jettisoned, no matter how successful they have been.

Hell, Larry Eustachy just had pictures taken of him partying with college students and he got shown the door in near record time.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I really wanted to yell, "Try not to assault any women or pets on your way through the parking lot!"

But that would have been frowned upon by the families with young children nearby.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I think there would be a higher percentage of fans disassociate themselves with ISU football if it came out that the football staff basically promoted a culture where sexual assault was swept under the rug.

At the very least the entire football staff and any players involved would probably be gone. That's at least a start.

Also, the NCAA would probably punish ISU for lack of institutional control like they should have done to Baylor.

Baylor has had a MURDER and now this occur in it's Athletic Department. And it seems like it's just business as usual. Sports are not that important to me.

IF, and that's a big IF, this happened at ISU I would expect all involved to be jettisoned, no matter how successful they have been.

Hell, Larry Eustachy just had pictures taken of him partying with college students and he got shown the door in near record time.

I agree on everything except the first point. I think that the real ISU fans would rally around positive change should anything bad ever happen.

As for the rest of your points, I think it's unconscionable that BU hasn't been handed a near death penalty and hope that something is still in the works. F BU.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I really wanted to yell, "Try not to assault any women or pets on your way through the parking lot!"

But that would have been frowned upon by the families with young children nearby.

Whoa, that is exactly what I was thinking of yelling!!

I think we just became best friends.

A side note, I am surprised sexual assault advocacy or animal rights groups don't protest where Baylor is playing. I thought it would have been awesome if those 2 types of groups would have been there protesting as the Baylor players got off the bus.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree on everything except the first point. I think that the real ISU fans would rally around positive change should anything bad ever happen.

As for the rest of your points, I think it's unconscionable that BU hasn't been handed a near death penalty and hope that something is still in the works. F BU.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything happens to them. They canned a few higher ups and will likely not see any other sanctions. Hell their local police should all be in deep crap too, but it won't happen.

I hope the top coaching candidates politely decline the Baylor job and they are stuck with Grobe. Then watch the talent pipelines dry up in a few years and hopefully they will be a middle of the pack Big12 team at best.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Whoa, that is exactly what I was thinking of yelling!!

I think we just became best friends.

A side note, I am surprised sexual assault advocacy or animal rights groups don't protest where Baylor is playing. I thought it would have been awesome if those 2 types of groups would have been there protesting as the Baylor players got off the bus.

Step-Brothers-Did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
College me WOULD have said that too. Of course I would have been so drunk I'd have accidentally sat in the Baylor visitors section and gotten lots of dirty looks.

Being 6'2 250+ helps in those situations

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I had an inclination to say the same thing on my way out, but the opportunity never presented itself. In truth, I'm kinda glad it didn't. But, boy, we are a bunch of almost tough guys, arent we?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I would tend to agree I would have a hard time completely disavowing Iowa State. At the same time, I don't think I could sit there and watch my two daughters cheer for them unless I was convinced something had changed.