Be Careful What You Wish For...

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Don't worry...they won't

Will be calling for the coaches head by the time the introductory press conference is over.

When we are terrible next year, there will be people ragging on him, the players and JP. Its the reality of this message board.

I wish it wasn't true.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, we will still be in for a bumpy ride for a little while. I'm not expecting a miracle turnaround.

But it's like my knee. I could have taken some therapy, slowly healed, but never fully recovered. Or I could have painful surgery, go through painful rehabilitation, and more than likely recover completely in six months. Yes, I had the surgery.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Everyone who was wishing for Mac to be gone, you better support this team for the next 3 years.

We will because now they have a chance to be successful. The storm clouds over Hilton are clearing and the sun is shining through for the first time in four long years. It is a great day to be a Cyclone!!!

Reactions: LeSchmick

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
I would much rather watch a 12-18 team next year with a new coach at the helm and a glimmer of hope for the future than seeing the same 14-16 team thrown out there by McD running his horrible offense and knowing that there is no hope for the future.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We will because now they have a chance to be successful. The storm clouds over Hilton are clearing and the sun is shining through for the first time in four long years. It is a great day to be a Cyclone!!!

not really it's a bitter sweet day to be a Cyclone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Criticizing the coach and wishing he would be fired is not mutually exclusive with supporting Iowa State basketball. I didn't want Gregg to be the coach but I would have still rooted for the team to win next year if he had stayed.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
How do you know this without knowing who the next coach is? And please don't tell me its because its not Mac.

We had a miserable track record under GMAC. As long as that guy was the coach there was a 0% chance of success. Now that he is gone that percentage has nowhere to go but up.

I understand it is going to take 4 or 5 years to fix all of the damage that GMAC has done to the program but I think ISU fans understand that we are in mid nuclear winter currently. That being said they aren't going to expect a 2 or 3 year miracle turnaround. We are in for the long haul but once again there is now hope for a brighter future for Cyclone basketball.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Don't worry...they won't

Will be calling for the coaches head by the time the introductory press conference is over.

When we are terrible next year, there will be people ragging on him, the players and JP. Its the reality of this message board.

I wish it wasn't true.

I feel like you are overstating the negativity of CF here. Not everyone is nearly as down on all ISU sports as you think we are. It's just MBB. Our (likely former) coach just made a program so horrible that he went to a MVC program because it was a better situation with more stability for him. Think about that for a second. How often will that happen?

Our football team just went 7-6. You could swear they went 10-2 and won the B12 North with how much we love the team around here.

I will now be buying season tix next year for MBB, because there is no pattern of failure that I know will be repeated. I have no problems with seeing a losing product, so long as it is also developing to be better.

Help Support Us

Become a patron