Beer AI

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I love using AI for important things in life.

My favorite beers are Toppling Goliath King Sue and Weldwerks Juicy Bits. Based on those two, what other beers would I like?

Here are some other beers you might like based on your enjoyment of Toppling Goliath King Sue and Weldwerks Juicy Bits:

• Other Half DDH Citra Daydream
  • Alchemist Focal Banger
  • WeldWerks Citra Extra Extra Juicy Bits
  • Adventurous Brewing Easy Peal Triple Dry Hopped Citra
  • Lua Brewing Full Time Travis
  • Blackstack DDH Jurassic Park
  • Hop Butcher for the World Neon Green Relish
  • Pipeworks Ninja Vs. Unicorn
  • Maine Beer Co. Lunch
  • Talea Beer Co. Discovery IPA
  • Athletic Brewing Co. Run Wild IPA
  • Lawson's Finest Liquids Sip of Sunshine
  • Bell's Brewery Two Hearted Ale
  • Russian River Brewing Company Pliny the Elder
  • Firestone Walker Mind Haze IPA
  • Stone Brewing Ruination 2.0
  • Lagunitas IPA
  • Tree House Brewing Company Julius
These beers are all highly rated and well-respected examples of the hazy IPA style. They all feature juicy, tropical fruit flavors and aromas, as well as a soft, creamy mouthfeel. Some of them are double IPAs, like King Sue, while others are regular IPAs. But they all share the same basic characteristics of the hazy IPA style.

I hope this list helps you find some new beers to enjoy!

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I've had over half the beer on that list.

Some are great choices. Like DDH CItra Daydream and King Sue are both all Citra Brews. And obviously Extra Extra Juicy Bits is a lot like Juicy Bits.

The list goes a bit off the rails with two hearted, pliny, ruination and lagunitas though. All great beers but don't really share anything with your comparison beers beyond being IPAs.

There was a thread on home brew talk that asked ChatGPT to make a recipe for a west coast IPA. I thought it was interesting. Would have made a drinkable beer considering what the guy asked for, but a lot of poor choices. I just tried it with a NEIPA and it was better than that attempt. Grain bill was decent but not enough unless you wanted a session ale. Too many good expensive hops used in the boil, none in the whirlpool and not even close to enough dry hop. Also not sure how I'm going to get a 5 gallon batch (my question asked for a 5 gallon batch) with only 3.5 gallons of water.

I think AI has a bit to go before it takes over the beer world based on our attempts.

Reactions: dmclone