• I didn't care for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
Fun facts: 2007 World Beer Championships highest rated Doppelbock

Country of Origin: Germany

From Ayinger Website: A beer that has a dominant malty taste. This beer’s origins in a monk’s recipe are reflected in its heartiness. The Pope of Beers, Conrad Seidl, describes it as: “Almost black with a very slight red tone, a sensational, festive foam and truly extraordinary fragrance that at first summons up visions of greaves lard.

The first taste is of mild fullness with an accompanying coffee tone, which becomes more dominant with the aftertaste. There is very little of the sweetness that is frequently to be tasted with doppelbock beer.”

The Ayinger Celebrator has been ranked among the best beers of the world by the Chicago Testing Institute several times and has won numerous platinum medallions.

BeerAdvocate.com Information: Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock - Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying - Beer Advocate

Confirmed Availability / Place of Purchase:
Cyclone Liquors Ames, IA

Cost: $10.99 for a 4 pk bottle

cont_118.jpg

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sounds like a European basketball player.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Ooh! Another good choice. Once again, I've had it before and am rating it on past experience.

Its good, but its definitely not something you can drink a lot of at once. Every once and a while is enough.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I would have done it this week again, but the local liquor store didn't have it. Hopefully I'll pick it up sometime soon.

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
I rated it enjoyable, simply because doppelbock is not my favorite style. Within its style it is definitely the best doppelbock I've had. (Although, since doppelbock is not something I buy regularly, I have less for comparison than for some other styles.)

Another great selection, but from last week's responses there seem to be a lot of Ale Fanatics among Cyclone Fanatics. Would it be a good idea to focus on ales? From a purely selfish perspective, I would certainly like to discover some great ale that I haven't tried before.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I didn't get a chance to participate, couldn't find it the two places I looked and didn't feel like running all over town to look... maybe next one...