Bell's Two Hearted

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
Overrated and way too expensive. I wouldn't even call it an IPA. Tastes more like a regular ale. Go with a Ranger from New Belgium or Lasso by Great Divide, or hop Wrangler by Peace Tree if you want a good IPA. Those aren't the only ones, just the ones that came to mind.
Cheers!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Overrated and way too expensive. I wouldn't even call it an IPA. Tastes more like a regular ale. Go with a Ranger from New Belgium or Lasso by Great Divide, or hop Wrangler by Peace Tree if you want a good IPA. Those aren't the only ones, just the ones that came to mind.
Cheers!

Just curious as to how expensive it is in Iowa. It's actually right on par here in Illinois with most other craft beer selections, if not a $1 or so a sixer cheaper. I actually just dry hopped a similar version I made of this last week, going to have to keg it tonight probably. Centenniel hops are a little different from what I think most people expect from an American IPA anymore. They don't really pack that citruis punch that a lot of other West Coast hops give you. More on the earthy side. I'm actually looking forward to it since the last couple of IPAs I've brewed were heavy on the Citra and Simcoe hops.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I think it's fantastic, but I can't think of a single-hop IPA or Pale that I don't like, either. It's absolutely outstanding on draft.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
Just curious as to how expensive it is in Iowa. It's actually right on par here in Illinois with most other craft beer selections, if not a $1 or so a sixer cheaper. I actually just dry hopped a similar version I made of this last week, going to have to keg it tonight probably. Centenniel hops are a little different from what I think most people expect from an American IPA anymore. They don't really pack that citruis punch that a lot of other West Coast hops give you. More on the earthy side. I'm actually looking forward to it since the last couple of IPAs I've brewed were heavy on the Citra and Simcoe hops.

Last time I checked it was like $9 a sixer at HyVee. Many better IPAs for cheaper IMO.

Last edited: