Ben Affleck...... Batman?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I guess I will wait and see how this turns out, but I think Hugh Jackman (which probably wouldn't happen) or Josh Brolin would have been better

Hugh Jackman isn't any better than Affleck. Josh Brolin would be great, especially if Snyder wants an old gritty Batman.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Sorrys guy but...

[video=youtube;n4qgTk8Vfyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4qgTk8Vfyc[/video]

Last edited:

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
I know I'm a Youngblood, but I watched the movie with Nicholson as the Joker and his joker couldn't carry ledger's joker's lunch. Ledger was absolutely incredible.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Nolan's Batman made the early Tim Burtonany ones look like cartoons.

That being said, give Batman (and Superman and Spiderman) a ******* rest.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
He was great in Argo, Daredevil (Colin Farrell was the problem here, as was MCD as Kingpin - bad choice), Chasing Amy, and Hollywoodland - all comic related. I have no problem with this casting at all and the knee-jerk hate for a great actor/director is all mouthbreathing fanboyism AFAIC.

Snyder hits (mostly) homeruns with other people's toys and Cavill was so great in Man of Steel.

It's easy to whine about this but I think it will be great.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
He was great in Argo, Daredevil (Colin Farrell was the problem here, as was MCD as Kingpin - bad choice), Chasing Amy, and Hollywoodland - all comic related. I have no problem with this casting at all and the knee-jerk hate for a great actor/director is all mouthbreathing fanboyism AFAIC.

Snyder hits (mostly) homeruns with other people's toys and Cavill was so great in Man of Steel.

It's easy to whine about this but I think it will be great.
I won't say it'll be great yet, but I certainly don't think it'll suck just based on Affleck being Batman like everyone else seems to think. It'll come down to the story and the ****** as much as anything. Like I said before, everyone was freaking out because the guy that played the gay cowboy was going to be Joker and I think he did a pretty good job with that.

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
My problem with it is I can't buy him as a tough guy... I can buy Jackman, Crowe, Bale, Brolin, Hemholdt, and even Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law as tough... not so much Affleck, Ryan Reynolds, Tom Cruise, and Ryan Gosling. I waffle back and forth with Matt Damon. In the end, Batman has to be a tough guy and Clooney, Keaton, Kilmer, and now Affleck just don't pass the tough test for me.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
For those of you who really hate the idea of Affleck as Batman there is an online petition on change.org you can sign your name to. I doubt it would do much good but it might make you feel like you tried.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I won't say it'll be great yet, but I certainly don't think it'll suck just based on Affleck being Batman like everyone else seems to think. It'll come down to the story and the ****** as much as anything. Like I said before, everyone was freaking out because the guy that played the gay cowboy was going to be Joker and I think he did a pretty good job with that.

People also freaked the **** out about Anne Hathaway being in the last one.
I had reservations myself but she was absolutely great.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
4eu1VDc.jpg

Peter Dinklage is the Batman (found this on Reddit)