Best Beer Names

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Stopped at a trail side bar while out for a ride one day and they were selling beer at a little stand by the patio. There were a couple young ladies working at the stand and a sign listing what they had so I walked up looked at the sign and said “can I get sumpin easy”. They both gave me a look and I pointed at the sign and said “the Lagunitas sumpin easy”. We laughed

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
There are a few beers I bought just for the name -- Sweep the Leg and Adios Pantalones. They were both Texas beers. I can't remember the brewery at this moment.

515 has a blonde ale called "Beer Flavored Beer." They also currently have a pale ale called "Clever Names Are Hard." I've always thought naming beers could be fun, but I can also see where it would be easy to run out of creativity.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Shmaltz Brewing is a kosher brewery that has some good names

He'brew
Jewbelation
Rejewvenator

Circum Session Ale
beer-1459814_47c2b_hd.jpeg

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Let's see how many I can remember...

49303.jpg

Evil Twin has great beer names (and some of the longest beer names). This is probably my favorite.

beer-2446025_70290_hd.jpeg

You can't have a beer name thread without including Against the Grain Brewing. A few I have had below.

citra-ass-down-mock.png
bloody-show-mock.png
brown-note-mock.png

I thought this was clever (although not very good beer)...

brews_0.jpg

Random list of others I've had

Multiple Ecotgasms
Resting Peach Face
The Death of Civilization in Slow Motion
Juicy Bits
Insane in the Yeast Strain
Zed Lupulin
G Love's Special Sauce

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
When I had this the first time, I thought is was an Olde English way of spelling "peculiar". I later learned a peculier was a parish outside the jurisdiction of a diocese. Either way, it's a good beer.

1626107716004.png

Reactions: cyclones500

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
Wadda Juicebag from Twisted Vine
Oakily Doakily from Firetrucker
Rye, Felicia! from Memphis Made
Can't Find a Bitter Man from Begyle
It Burns When IPA from Mockery

Reactions: cyclones500

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Arrogant Bastard
Their description makes it fantastic.

"This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made at an independent brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless seltzer / fizzy yellow beer / whatever-the-hell will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make all that junk taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

We believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny—a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot, stupid & led by the nose social media. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep the people chained in the shackles of poor taste. One glance around and it’s glaringly obvious: they’re winning...as of now. Yet we will not stop. Ever. Since the very beginning, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it…but only one can ever embody the true nature of Liquid Arrogance! Hated By Many. Loved By Few."