Best Hang Time, Best BB Dunkers...

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If we are talking about farts, I have awesome hang time!

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

Maybe doesn't hang on the rim much, but I'm sorry, you say dunk, I say CLARK!
6:42 for the best fast break perhaps in the history of ISU! Take notes kids, that's how you blow the lid off Hilton!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Nothing to do with Thread title here, but since we were talking about Spud Webb, how about some love for Mugsy Bogues!

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I moved to the Chicago suburbs in the mid 90s when Ronnie Fields and Kevin Garnett were playing for Farragut Academy. They used to televise their games on a local station and I tried to watch most of them. Ronnie Fields is one of the best high school dunkers ever and one of the best high school players in IL in that era. He was 6’3’ and it was said he had an almost 50 inch vertical. He dominated the Chicago public league. The short documentary below said he had 39 dunks in the first 8 games of his junior year. Broke his neck just after he senior year of basketball season.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Way-back machine, David Thompson should get at least honorable mention for this.

Keep in mind: He's 6-4.

I knew David Thompson played for NC State (72-75), I didn't know that Spud Webb also played at NC State (83-85)!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Still looking at some of these amazing players. Vince Carter is moving up on my list! I'll have to watch Jordan again. I think Jordan had some amazing hang time/dunks.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I love all of the references to old timers but Ja Morant has to be included in the discussion.

There have been two or three times when I've seen a Morant dunk and said to myself it is the greatest dunk I've ever seen.

I mentioned Kemp because he's somewhat forgotten, but I would actually give my #1 vote to Morant. Just total above the rim pure amplitude he is the greatest.

My #2/#3 I'd probably give equally to MJ/Dr J because they had the most style and grace about their dunks, almost like dance moves. Then for pure power I probably would go back to Kemp but not that I'd call him the greatest. Shaq is probably up there for pure power dunking if not slightly better. Every time Shaq dunked it was a marvel of engineering they didn't have to stop the game to fix the rim.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Still looking at some of these amazing players. Vince Carter is moving up on my list! I'll have to watch Jordan again. I think Jordan had some amazing hang time/dunks.

The different elements are hang time, power, distance, height above the rim, and the moves with the ball.

Like someone else just said I'm giving the all around to Morant. MJ definitely has the all time hang time and mid air adjustments, but he didn't get up as high or extend as fully as Morant. Morant has miraculous power for not being as big as some of these other guys. I love what Dr J did with the ball, it was like some disco moves.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I love all of the references to old timers but Ja Morant has to be included in the discussion.

Wow, on this jam, it looks like Morant has to wait just a split second for the long arm of the defender to clear, before he jams it. So the jam is almost a 'soft' jam. Great hang time on that!
The different elements are hang time, power, distance, height above the rim, and the moves with the ball.

Like someone else just said I'm giving the all around to Morant. MJ definitely has the all time hang time and mid air adjustments, but he didn't get up as high or extend as fully as Morant. Morant has miraculous power for not being as big as some of these other guys. I love what Dr J did with the ball, it was like some disco moves.
Are there any Morant highlight dunk Clips?

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Wow, on this jam, it looks like Morant has to wait just a split second for the long arm of the defender to clear, before he jams it. So the jam is almost a 'soft' jam. Great hang time on that!

Are there any Morant highlight dunk Clips?

Morant LOVES to dunk and especailly enjoys posterizing people. Here is 22 minutes of non stop dunks.

Reactions: t-noah