Best NASCAR Race to Attend

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Okay, so the opportunity to attend a NASCAR race has fallen on me, and I'm really not sure which direction to go with it. I'm not really a fan and I have never been to one, so I'm really not sure which one would be the best. I can go to anything on the 09 schedule.

My initial gut feeling was the Daytona 500, but I'm also intrigued by Bristol.... and any trip to Vegas is also a good time.

Anybody been to any of those, or have any recommendations on any of the other stops on the circuit?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I've attended one, the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and that was one too many.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I've only been to one, it was the Brickyard 400. It was decent, but nothing compared to the 500. My whole extended family lives in Indianapolis and has been going to the 500 since before I was born.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Night race at Bristol - and it's not even close.

bristol.jpg

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, but I go to one race a year with some buddies who love it. It's a great excuse to get away somewhere for a weekend and drink some beer and do some golfing.

My buddies who are NASCAR fans and have been to most tracks say Talladega is the best. I've only been to Texas, but will be going to Talladega in April, so I'm looking forward to finding out if they're right.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I'd make sure you go to one where there is good reason to go for reasons aside from the race.

I.e. Bristol might have an interesting track and all, but it's in the middle of nowhere, TN.

If I had my choice of ANY race, Sears Point (aka Infineon) would probably be the one I'd go to. Or maybe Fontana.

Vegas would be alright, maybe.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Go to the night race at Bristol!!!!!

Not only do you get a great race and a small but fast track, but its a huge party!!!!

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Go to the night race at Bristol!!!!!

Not only do you get a great race and a small but fast track, but its a huge party!!!!
Parents are huge Nascar fans and go to KC and Bristol every year. We used to go the Daytona 500 every year when I was younger, but they dropped those tickets and choose to go to Bristol instead.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
While you would think the Daytona, Indy, Talledega, big name tracks on the circuit would be best...most cases they aren't because you can't see the whole track.

I've gone to the Kansas City race the last few years and love it...you can see the whole track from any seat in the house.

I'm planning on going to Bristol in March and/or August.

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Night race at either Bristol or Richmond. I personally prefer the racing at Richmond, but Bristol gets all of the hype.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
[quoteJust make sure your IQ doesnt drop as a result of going. :jimlad:][/quote]

and this is comming from a guy with a roll tide shirt on in his posts.

I went to Dallas Motor speedway and had a blast. Great 3 days of tailgating and hot chicks who would have put out had I not been married.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Bristol night race. Haven't missed one since 97. If you decide this is the one and your not going to camp(we rent an RV), start locking down a hotel room soon. Daytona and Talledega are both excellent as well, but if you go to Talledega you pretty much have to camp.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
And if you don't feel like traveling, just go to Knoxville any Saturday night this summer. Don't forget to cross the street and go to Dingus' after the race!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
And if you don't feel like traveling, just go to Knoxville any Saturday night this summer. Don't forget to cross the street and go to Dingus' after the race!

I will second that!!! For really good racing there, hit the Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals the first weekend in October and cheer on your favorite former Cyclone (lol, hopefully I won't flip and destroy a car this coming year like this past year).

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
My vote would be for the night race at Bristol. Someday, my dad and I are going to go, just haven't found time yet. I've been to both Dover and Chicago and both were a good time.

My dad has 12 burger king stores around Dover, so we went as guest of #00 back then. It was a good time and half the people that make fun of Nascar have no idea what it is like down in the infield during Race Week. It is something that most never get to experience, but I wish they would. It will 100% change your opinion of the sport.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
But what's the best one to go to if you could care less about the race?