Best Sign Yet

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
What I saw in the game today is the best sign of a decent competitive team that I have seen all year. And that sign is, Ashley Joens was not the top scorer. When she scores 30+ and everybody else chips in 2 to 4 points it's hard to beat good teams that way. Lonarski stepped up big time today as I've been expecting her to do. The other other frosh contributed very significantly as well with 8, 8 & 6 if I recall correctly. That makes for a well balanced team that becomes much harder to guard. A good sign indeed.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
How are the Lady Bears looking this yr?
Hard to say at this point. Definitely not looking as strong as most of the past teams in the last few years. They have actually looked somewhat dysfunctional at times so far. A lot of that is due to a new starting lineup that is not yet accustomed to each other, plus a loss of several tune up games and practice time which the covid situation has brought on.

However they went into WV who was undefeated and fresh off a good win over Tennessee and played right with them for the first half and then came out in the second half and absolutely dominated. From that it appears that they may be coming together. Only time will tell.

Texas is the team I'm wondering about. I know they've lost to A&M but that is nothing to be embarrassed about this year. Vic has them playing good hard nosed basketball this year. I've watched all but one of their games and Charlie Collier has took it the next level. They also have a couple of freshmen that make some spectacular plays at times. Baylor is going to need WV or ISU to beat them at least once if they win the Big 12 comfortably again. I really don't see any one else in the league that has the capabilities of beating the Horns this year. Maybe OSU? But doubtful. So when the Horns come to town ya'll need to put some that Hilton magic on them !!!

When UConn comes to town in January we will find out if the Bears are sub par or elite. I watched UConn today and they are clicking like a sewing machine. Page Bueckers is the real deal. Looks so much like Breanna Stewart. A lot of things to look forward to if they don't let contact tracing wipe the whole season out.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hard to say at this point. Definitely not looking as strong as most of the past teams in the last few years. They have actually looked somewhat dysfunctional at times so far. A lot of that is due to a new starting lineup that is not yet accustomed to each other, plus a loss of several tune up games and practice time which the covid situation has brought on.

However they went into WV who was undefeated and fresh off a good win over Tennessee and played right with them for the first half and then came out in the second half and absolutely dominated. From that it appears that they may be coming together. Only time will tell.

Texas is the team I'm wondering about. I know they've lost to A&M but that is nothing to be embarrassed about this year. Vic has them playing good hard nosed basketball this year. I've watched all but one of their games and Charlie Collier has took it the next level. They also have a couple of freshmen that make some spectacular plays at times. Baylor is going to need WV or ISU to beat them at least once if they win the Big 12 comfortably again. I really don't see any one else in the league that has the capabilities of beating the Horns this year. Maybe OSU? But doubtful. So when the Horns come to town ya'll need to put some that Hilton magic on them !!!

When UConn comes to town in January we will find out if the Bears are sub par or elite. I watched UConn today and they are clicking like a sewing machine. Page Bueckers is the real deal. Looks so much like Breanna Stewart. A lot of things to look forward to if they don't let contact tracing wipe the whole season out.

I wasn't overjoyed when Tx hired Vic, he is a proven good coach. I like Tx when they play below their potential.

Reactions: geewago

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron