Best Sportscaster in Iowa

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For a large chunk of Pete's career, radio was just about the only option for folks outside central Iowa. Football was on TV about once per year, home basketball was on WOI (and not much else), and the Saturday league games were on the syndicated regional "network."

Walters will never get that same sentimental vibe simply because of the myriad of consumer options.

Walters is best if only for the way he takes on sports radio hosts!

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I would say Dolph has the better radio voice but John is better at actually calling the game. Eric is especially poor in the post game interviews. It is uncomfortable listening to him try to be cool talking to a bunch of 18-22 year old kids.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Peers I believe. I think a lot of them didn't like how the whole "King Kong" thing went down....

So this is the equivalent of Doyle winning the assistant of the year after rhabdo.

his peers see what he has to deal with in the basketball program, and gave him a vote of support

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Rima is probably a good guy, but god he is terrible on the radio.

He’s a lot better since his kids are out of high school, and more to the point, athletics.

had drinks with him one night, he’s a lot more at ease now in life. Got married again. Life’s not bad for him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I thankfully don’t have a strong image of her in my head. So my brain tried to save me by diverting my attention.

Pretty sure she could still take you to the hole and dunk on you (on an 8 foot rim of course).

she was a hell of a competitor. And an excellent player. Don’t think she’s ever learned how to turn that off though.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
For a large chunk of Pete's career, radio was just about the only option for folks outside central Iowa. Football was on TV about once per year, home basketball was on WOI (and not much else), and the Saturday league games were on the syndicated regional "network."

Walters will never get that same sentimental vibe simply because of the myriad of consumer options.

You’re also forgetting how brutally bad the football was when he was here.

basketball had Johnny to at least give some relief. He also was there for the elite 8 run, and he deserved the hell out of that.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Walters started it IIRC

Call out the national guard. isu has the corner on backyard broadcasts and will not stand for anyone else doing it. Clearly this a national emergency that CyTwins wants solved immediately.

Violators will be shot on site at once as CyTwins serves the roles of judge, jury and executioner.

Go get em CyTwins, isu and clone fans worldwide support you.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Call out the national guard. isu has the corner on backyard broadcasts and will not stand for anyone else doing it. Clearly this a national emergency that CyTwins wants solved immediately.

Violators will be shot on site at once as CyTwins serves the roles of judge, jury and executioner.

Lol

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Dude. You're on a message board. Settle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron