Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Tough to decide between Apple Pie or Cherry Pie. If it's made correctly with the right combination of tart apples and sugar, then it's apple all the way. Unfortunately most of them seem to be waaaaaay too sugary.

Warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and that's the ultimate.

Otherwise, cherry is next best. Also warm with vanilla ice cream.

Pumpkin is only if there's nothing else, and then, yes, it needs at least equal parts cool whip with the pie.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Tough to decide between Apple Pie or Cherry Pie. If it's made correctly with the right combination of tart apples and sugar, then it's apple all the way. Unfortunately most of them seem to be waaaaaay too sugary.

Warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and that's the ultimate.

Otherwise, cherry is next best. Also warm with vanilla ice cream.

Pumpkin is only if there's nothing else, and then, yes, it needs at least equal parts cool whip with the pie.
Your first paragraph hits the mark. I stay away from apple so often because it is often executed so poorly. Mrs. Velo (and her mother who taught her) make an awesome apple but over the years I have been conditioned to choose other pies due to poor attempts at apple.

Reactions: MeanDean

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
I used to absolutely detest pecans and walnuts - pretty much any tree nuts that were wrinkled. Now I like them, but I find pecan pie pretty meh. I'd much rather have the pumpkin.

FIL has apple pie with a slice of American cheese on top of it.
My grandma does the same. way to ruin apple pie.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I know, but no one in the family like it. They all prefer Cool Whip.
I can’t think of too many foods I prefer store bought to homemade but this is one of them. Love cool whip!

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Pecan pie is divine.

Most people in my family try to avoid sweets, and my in-laws all have other dessert preferences, so I usually have to - nay, am thrilled to - buy and consume my own pecan pie during the days around Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
My grandma does the same. way to ruin apple pie.
Adding cheese with pie is pretty old school - and I still like it. But it doesn't always work out. I'm a huge apple pie fan and was in a restaurant a while back when I ordered apple pie and asked the woman if she could add a scoop of ice cream and some cheddar cheese. I then asked if she could also warm it up. You guessed it. She added the ice cream and put the cheese on top and then zapped it. What a mess!! By the way, kevdiv48, I hope your grandma puts the cheese on the side and not melted on top. I agree that would kinda ruin both the pie and the cheese, but I've never seen that before. On the other hand, be thankful you have a grandma who will bake you an apple pie!!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
You ******* savages.

Pumpkin pie has the consistency of a thick poop.

Pecan pie....people can't even figure out how to pronounce the damn thing.

I love America. It's apple pie or nothing

But, by all means, keep hating America, you *****

• Dumb
Reactions: peatyscotch