Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Is there anyway you can disable the betting boards forum from the front page? Every time games get dumped into it it clogs the heck out of the main page. If you want to go bet on things, go to its forum. It ends up killing a few good threads cause they never get revived.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
This comes up every couple of months. They are used as the "Official Game THreads" as well. There just isn't a way to do it.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
This comes up every couple of months. They are used as the "Official Game THreads" as well. There just isn't a way to do it.

I've seen this come up before, you are right. I still think there could be a better way to do it. I don't think they should be tied in with "official game threads." Heck, 90% of the betting game threads that are posted won't have more than a post or two on them anyways. Usually the final score.

Why can't they be taken off of the main page like the in-state rivals forum?

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
I've seen this come up before, you are right. I still think there could be a better way to do it. I don't think they should be tied in with "official game threads." Heck, 90% of the betting game threads that are posted won't have more than a post or two on them anyways. Usually the final score.

Why can't they be taken off of the main page like the in-state rivals forum?

I agree, I really can't stand when betting takes up the whole front page, I say hide it like the in-state rivals forum. I don't bet a lot and I doubt there's very few who bet on most events that get put up on here.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I like them being the main page as they serve as game threads. Just wait a few minutes, generally with normal conversation in other threads they'll drop off the front.

It would be nice, however, if *all* forums had the option to subscribe\unsubscribe, like the politics forum does. Just have all but politics be subscribed by default for new users, and people can tweak as they want from there. I know i'd probably remove the pro sports boards for most of the year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
There has got to be a way where posters can opt in and opt out of forums they want to and dont want to see on their front page. I still want to have the option to see in state rivals and politics on my front page, but would also like to opt out of having the betting boards from my front page.

There has to be a way where users can set up a customized front page...

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There has got to be a way where posters can opt in and opt out of forums they want to and dont want to see on their front page. I still want to have the option to see in state rivals and politics on my front page, but would also like to opt out of having the betting boards from my front page.

There has to be a way where users can set up a customized front page...

I'm sure there is. I am on other boards where you can setup your front page to the specific forums you want. I didn't know in-state didn't show up on the front page, might go check this place out.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Thank you hurdle and everyone, we appreciate the time you put in. Love board.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
And we should be thanking hurdle for doing this. These events take a lot of work. Judging from the timestamps he has spent the last 45 min straight creating events to make CF an even better place. So rather than complain, how bout you thank him.

No, I'm not going to thank him. It's not like somebody held a gun to his head and told him to clog up CF with betting boards. Guess I'll just have to go searching for the news, events & opinions of yesterday since I wasn't able to come to the site.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Perhaps there's a way to set it so there's only 4-5 betting threads on the main page at the same time? I'm not saying they need to disappear entirely, but for people like me, who are unable to come to the site while at work, it's nice to come home at night or the next day and be able to see what the hot topics were without searching every forum to find them. And trust me, I don't care nearly enough to go through every forum searching for the big news and discussions. I know I'm not the only who is turned off by this and to be honest, when I see a front page cluttered with all these betting boards, I lose incentive to coming to the site, which is affecting the bottom line, because I know I'm not alone, clearly as this thread and many others in the past have pointed out.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Yeah, it sucks. I completely understand that there's nothing that can be done but it's still a pain in the ***. I'm mean really...14 of the 20 threads on the front page are betting threads. I'll just skip the board for awhile, I guess, and wait for 'em to clear out.

Why are you using the "front page" view? Just click "New Posts" over on the left side and it allows you to page through all of the new threads and threads that have new posts. Then you can skip by those betting board threads that are oh so annoying. Some of you guys make this way harder than it needs to be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron