Big 12: Best Conference in a Decade?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You're engaging with me right now.

So do you want to discuss in a civil manner the reasons you feel the conference is better this year or do you still want to act like a child?

I gave my reasons why I stated my opinion. Im curious to hear yours other than "every conference has good players that leave".

If you just want to troll, thats fine also, Ill just put you on ignore and you can talk to yourself.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So do you want to discuss in a civil manner the reasons you feel the conference is better this year or do you still want to act like a child?

I gave my reasons why I stated my opinion. Im curious to hear yours other than "every conference has good players that leave".

If you just want to troll, thats fine also, Ill just put you on ignore and you can talk to yourself.

I don't care to discuss much with hok fans pretending to be ISU fans on message boards.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
In a decade, I'm not sure I'd buy into that, but it's definitely the best overall league this year. If things fall as you'd expect this weekend (favorites winning), we should be alone in 4th, with a game up on 5th place (TCU) and 2 games on 6th place (KSU), with 6 to go. For all the ********, that's not too shabby.

All the ******** comes from why we loose not that we lost.

Reactions: fenton06

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think this is a good point. There really is not a game on the Big 12 schedule where you can show up and give a marginal effort and win. Even the lower level teams have very talented players that are capable of having big nights.
Combined with a true round robin schedule and that makes it even tougher.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Depends on how you measure it. There are no bad teams. No dead weight. To me, that makes it the best conf. The middle is kind of squishy tho as far as making a tourney run.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
Anyone watching UNC/Duke last night may argue the premise. We'll see how the league does in the tournament.
I can understand hesitation given our past NCAA performances, but in regards to the Big 12 vs the ACC, the Big 12is 6-1 against the ACC this year.
#1 Baylor beat #2 Louisville on a neutral
#4 WVU won at #3 UVA
#1 Kansas beat #4 Duke on a neutral
Oklahoma beat Clemson on a neutral
ISU beat Miami on a neutral
KSU beat BC on a neutral

UNC beat OSU on a neutral

There is a reason the computers respect the Big 12 relative to the ACC and others.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
But the Pac 12 is the conference of champions according to Bill Walton. How many times did he say that **** the other night.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Anyone watching UNC/Duke last night may argue the premise. We'll see how the league does in the tournament.

It hasn't translated into NCAA tourney success lately though.

Best conference ≠ who does best in the NCAA tournament

Unfortunately, many people confuse the two. NCAA tournament depends on matchups and there is great stochastic factor (which makes it so fun to watch).

Unequivocally, top to bottom B12 is the strongest conference BUT I would be surprised if it has the most teams in the sweet 16. Last year when the B12 was the best conference by many computer ratings, but still most computer model predictions did not predict the B12 to be the best performing conference in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: SC Cy

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not even sure the Big 12 is better than it was last season... hell we were the 6 seed last year, and we were significantly better than we are this year.

I guess it depends on how much weight you put on having more really good teams, or no bad teams.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
The way I determine who the better conference is is by determining which conference we would have the worst record in. I think the answer to that is clearly the Big XII.

Reactions: Doc

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not even sure the Big 12 is better than it was last season... hell we were the 6 seed last year, and we were significantly better than we are this year.

I guess it depends on how much weight you put on having more really good teams, or no bad teams.
We were a 4 seed fyi.