Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This is amazing. WVU has been up by 20 in the 3rd quarter. One minutes left in 3rd and no bench points for Baylor. Now up 21 to start the 4th. Wow!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I find this extremely satisfying, and infuriating at the same time. How did we beat this WV team twice this season?

This conference needs teams to step up and beat the team from waco. It's about time. They look pretty average so far.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Calls really going Baylor's way now.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
WVU wins 77-66 and we beat 'em twice and Texas once. Wish we had a better game with K-State. Our two wins over WVU might be a mice bargaining chip in the NCAAs.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Fans. That brings up another point for me. The cameras wouldn't really show the stands in this thing. I have to believe that the new format of having a title game on Monday night is a challenge in itself, but how well attended was this thing? It seemed pretty sparse.

I miss the days of having the fan overlap in Kansas City. I have to believe the novelty of winning is wearing off in waco. They expect to win, and how well do they travel now? Outside of that, there aren't big followings of fans for these teams when they don't field a team they think can win. Is that wrong? When will the conference look at this again?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Baylor fans was actually pretty darn sane.

Sobchak, I'm guessing the do the championship on Mon because of TV. From a fan standpoint it's much better to end on a weekend so you don't have to burn another day from work. I much preferred the same town same time format for the B12 tourneys. Southern schools bitched to high heaven about that. Then they tried the disaster in Dallas. The ISU fans that have went to OKC seem to like it, but they all liked the dual tourney format better. I think to keep MBB in KC the North has to concede FB & WBB. They shouldn't have to because the South doesn't support anything other than king Football.

Help Support Us

Become a patron