Big 12 Championship (March 6-7)

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Trent said Big Z, Varner and Kyven were back to back after him also
I asked the internet, and the site I saw showed Z with two straight (and 3 of 4) but Varner won in alternate years—2008 and 2010 ( is that right?) and the aforementioned Kyven who won 3 straight. Leland W also won in alternate years back when we had like four teams in the Big 12.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I asked the internet, and the site I saw showed Z with two straight (and 3 of 4) but Varner won in alternate years—2008 and 2010 ( is that right?) and the aforementioned Kyven who won 3 straight. Leland W also won in alternate years back when we had like four teams in the Big 12.
That might of been. Was it Brewster of Nebraska that had the big battles with Varner?

• Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I am not sure. I hate the control that Smith has on the Big 12, but want us to be the one to dethrone them. Still think I just want them dethrone.

Absolutely do not want an OSU bonus here.
I agree with this. But knowing what I know now part of me wishes now that fix would of found a way to lose that. He didn’t dominate that like I thought he would. Him losing would of been hilarious

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I can't even imagine what it's like to watch wrestling with a group of people. I've watched every dual I am not physically at by myself.
It’s a very close group. All of us go to duals together. To put it like this when we are rolling it’s like kids at birthday parties...but when it’s not it’s well a bunch of adults at a kids birthday party

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I was close!!!
Brester was tough and hard to score on, but I will never forget that Big 12 Tournament in Lincoln. Brester was the king of doing absolutely nothing when wrestling Varner. And he did nothing that match too but got the one mistake by Varner and won. And Brester had offense as he owned everyone else his Jr and Sr years. But he knew Varner was a far superior wrestler so he stalled the whole match when they wrestled.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Brester was tough and hard to score on, but I will never forget that Big 12 Tournament in Lincoln. Brester was the king of doing absolutely nothing when wrestling Varner. And he did nothing that match too but got the one mistake by Varner and won. And Brester had offense as he owned everyone else his Jr and Sr years. But he knew Varner was a far superior wrestler so he stalled the whole match when they wrestled.

During the Nebraska dual their senior year in Hilton it took a quite literal last second takedown by Varner to win it. Bout s*** my pants.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
During the Nebraska dual their senior year in Hilton it took a quite literal last second takedown by Varner to win it. Bout s*** my pants.
Yep I remember that one too. I will never forget it because earlier in the dual I believe Reader was wrestling Stephen Dwyer and they dinged Reader with a BS stall call and he lost (I think this is right). Coaches went nuts and distinctly remember Jackson yelling at the ref to remember what stalling is come a few matches later, which was of course was that Varner/Brester match you are talking about

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Isn't Ferrari the one who Bastida almost beat earlier this year? I think Coleman could have hung with either these guys.