Big 12 Rebrand thoughts.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
(deep movie announcer voice): THE BIG TWELVE. NOW EVEN MORE BIGGER WITH SIXTEEN.

Seriously, you could keep the Big12 name, but make the roman numerals into XVI instead of XII. That seems like an easy thing to do - can even keep the curvy effect.

There. Better fonts and colors can be chosen, but this is what I kind of expect wrt the roman numerals.

1692716762929.png

Reactions: Allikat

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Seems like there's a huge opportunity for one conference in particular to give 'expansion' and 'Big 10' a whole new meaning in the minds of consumers.
View attachment 115756
When I look at that map, it's pretty obvious the Big 10 is still missing about 2/3 of the country.

There are now just 3 major conferences that pretty much cover the entire US: Big 10, Big 12 and SEC. The ACC has small slices in MA, VA and NC.

rednrdy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2010
Seems like there's a huge opportunity for one conference in particular to give 'expansion' and 'Big 10' a whole new meaning in the minds of consumers.
View attachment 115756
I'm not sure whether to be impressed with the creativity or the fact the creativity led to drawing _____?!

Cheers regardless LOL (I think...)

Reactions: RezClone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
When I look at that map, it's pretty obvious the Big 10 is still missing about 2/3 of the country.

There are now just 3 major conferences that pretty much cover the entire US: Big 10, Big 12 and SEC. The ACC has small slices in MA, VA and NC.
The ACC stretches from Miami to Boston and dominates the Carolinas. Not exactly 'small slices'.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
The ACC stretches from Miami to Boston and dominates the Carolinas. Not exactly 'small slices'.
I was thinking about land among the P4 conferences that's exclusive to the ACC. They've just got MA, VA and NC. On the other hand, the B12 now has Utah, AZ, CO, KS and WV.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If the Big 10 doesn't change to reflect the amount of members, we shouldn't either.

Any "name" is going to seem forced and minor league. The only non-numerical name that would have ever worked for this league was the Great Plains Conference, and now that we have schools in the Appalachians, Rockies, Sonoran desert, and Florida swamps, it really doesn't make sense either.

Reactions: agentbear

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
That’s the best suggestion so far. You may be on to something there. But I’d recommend going with the “National Athletic Conference.”

“The National” or “N.A.C.” for short.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron