Big 12 stretch

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
the stretch schedule sure doesn't do Baylor any favors. That could easily be 3-3 or worse as all of those games are tough. They could fall to 5th or worse.

1708269214164.png

Houston is 4-2 at worst (hopefully one of the two is tomorrow). At Baylor could be a trap, KU last game of season . . . maybe?

1708269346433.png

Iowa State SHOULD be 4-2 at worst, hopefully 5-1 or better. UH is tough, WVU is disorganized, OU is almost OUT, @UCF could be sneaky but should take them and purple kitties can't find their litter box since Tang pulled his Hilton outrage and BYU is our revenge game

1708269432053.png

Kansas is 3-2 at worst, probably 4-1. You know they will cream purple kitties in revenge game, take out Texas for leaving the conf, and BYU will be in a Phog

1708269480392.png

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
the stretch schedule sure doesn't do Baylor any favors. That could easily be 3-3 or worse as all of those games are tough. They could fall to 5th or worse.

View attachment 124163

Houston is 4-2 at worst (hopefully one of the two is tomorrow). At Baylor could be a trap, KU last game of season . . . maybe?

View attachment 124165

Iowa State SHOULD be 4-2 at worst, hopefully 5-1 or better. UH is tough, WVU is disorganized, OU is almost OUT, @UCF could be sneaky but should take them and purple kitties can't find their litter box since Tang pulled his Hilton outrage

View attachment 124166

Kansas is 3-2 at worst, probably 4-1. You know they will cream purple kitties in revenge game, take out Texas for leaving the conf, and BYU will be in a Phog

View attachment 124167

It could honestly end up a three way tie at the top. Not sure how tie breakers work

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It could honestly end up a three way tie at the top. Not sure how tie breakers work

In the past it’s always just been totally shared title, but if ISU shares for first time I’m sure there will be some effort to invent a tie breaker that doesn’t help us.

Believe it or not our two outright titles are still second most since big 12 formed. KU has been that dominant. Almost every other team winning a title has shared it with ku.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Reactions: Drew0311

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I think the Clones have a better shot to win the conference than most outsiders think. This team is humming right now.

As for the Houston game tomorrow, a lot of people aren't too confident that we'll win. I get it, but like I said the Cyclones are humming, have won on the road in conference play, and have already beat Houston in Ames.

I know the turnaround is short, but we've scouted and played them before, so prep should be easy-peasy. I can see Green throwing a few defensive surprises in there during critical situations too.

I predict we beat the Cougars and claim our rightful place at the top of the conference. We're a team of destiny.

Go Cyclones!

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I think the Clones have a better shot to win the conference than most outsiders think. This team is humming right now.

As for the Houston game tomorrow, a lot of people aren't too confident that we'll win. I get it, but like I said the Cyclones are humming, have won on the road in conference play, and have already beat Houston in Ames.

I know the turnaround is short, but we've scouted and played them before, so prep should be easy-peasy. I can see Green throwing a few defensive surprises in there during critical situations too.

I predict we beat the Cougars and claim our rightful place at the top of the conference. We're a team of destiny.

Go Cyclones!
Metrics show a 8 pt loss. That's taking into account the season as a whole. The metrics also show that we are playing our best ball while Houston's defense had been on a "decline" the last few games. However their offense has been consistently very good over that same stretch.

It'll be tough. We can't have an average outing in any phase. But a win is not as far fetched as some may think.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Houston is a 7 point favorite. However, their record against the spread is 13-11, while Iowa State's record is 17-7.

We've got a shot. Stranger things have happened.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Correct me if I'm wrong. Iowa State never had a Big-8 Championship until the last year of its existence.
Iowa State was the first Champion of the Big-12. How weird would it be if Iowa State found the path to be the last Champion of the Big12 (as we currently know it). The only void to the best of my recollection was the Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M exit.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Correct me if I'm wrong. Iowa State never had a Big-8 Championship until the last year of its existence.
Iowa State was the first Champion of the Big-12. How weird would it be if Iowa State found the path to be the last Champion of the Big12 (as we currently know it). The only void to the best of my recollection was the Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M exit.
Iowa State didn't win the conference in it's last year but won the Tournament. Beat 4th ranked Kansas.

For some reason I always remember The Phillips station that used be on the corner of Duff and Lincoln had that team signed ball on display.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloneon

Help Support Us

Become a patron