Big 12 Tournament Thread

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Thought I'd get things started a bit early with a couple of questions...

1. Who is going?
2. Where are you sitting?

My "Power of the Pops" crew will all be there and we will be hanging at Quaffs as usual. We are sitting in Section 6 (lower corner).

Last edited:

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

1. Who is going?

My "Power of the Pops" crew will all be there and we will be hanging at Quaffs as usual. We are sitting in Section 7 (lower corner).
Me and my better half will be there. Section 228 first row.

Reactions: acoustimac

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

1. Who is going?

My "Power of the Pops" crew will all be there and we will be hanging at Quaffs as usual. We are sitting in Section 7 (lower corner).
Was just looking at the seating map. There is no Section 7. You going to the right place!!!!!

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think it is very interesting. They either really split up the Cyclone tickets, or some folks did not get the thru ISU. So far we have folks in 210, 228, 6, and 32. That I know of. If we all bought thru ISU then we are either spread all over or we will have half the arena in Red and Gold. The sections listed basically cover 1 half of the arena. Should be fun.

Reactions: acoustimac

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I think it is very interesting. They either really split up the Cyclone tickets, or some folks did not get the thru ISU. So far we have folks in 210, 228, 6, and 32. That I know of. If we all bought thru ISU then we are either spread all over or we will have half the arena in Red and Gold. The sections listed basically cover 1 half of the arena. Should be fun.

Yeah...makes me wonder if ISU just submitted to the Big 12 or if it was done by donor level or just completely random.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm betting that the league intentionally puts schools throughout the arena so if a team isn't playing in a session or gets knocked out there aren't huge empty areas of the arena. Sure a lot of later round tickets get resold, but if ISU, KU and KSU are all gone not all of those tickets are going to get resold and used. It would look bad for the league [a lot like a lot of thes other conference tournaments from the start ;-) ] if it is obvious that 1/2 the arena is empty.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm betting that the league intentionally puts schools throughout the arena so if a team isn't playing in a session or gets knocked out there aren't huge empty areas of the arena. Sure a lot of later round tickets get resold, but if ISU, KU and KSU are all gone not all of those tickets are going to get resold and used. It would look bad for the league [a lot like a lot of thes other conference tournaments from the start ;-) ] if it is obvious that 1/2 the arena is empty.
They have never done that before. Teams usually get blocks, some down low and some up high. Men's or Women's tourneys. So my guess is ISU sold many many tickets or some folks just bought tickets from the venue, not through ISU.

Iowa State will probably double, if not triple the amount of fans the next largest school brings for the Women's games.

LurkingClone

Dec 13, 2017
Witness Protection
We got our tix (2) through ISU. We are not big donors - just Cardinal level.

Know some who had their seats assigned before the Baylor game Monday. Our email didn't drop until Tuesday. So, maybe a fair amount of tix sold through ISU?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We got our tix (2) through ISU. We are not big donors - just Cardinal level.

Know some who had their seats assigned before the Baylor game Monday. Our email didn't drop until Tuesday. So, maybe a fair amount of tix sold through ISU?
Where are you tickets?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We bought through ISU, we're in section 34. Got our Ticketmaster messages Tuesday morning around 7:30.

Jimr

Dec 7, 2013
Ames
Maybe we’re in section 6 row h but right now we have multiple tickets with the same seat and session and we’re short seats. We have 20 tickets for 7 people but 4 different seats