Big 12 Tournament Thread

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
We had 4 or 5 chances before we eventually tied the game. The opportunity to with this down the stretch in regulation was there. We just didn't get it done.
You know, you are correct. And so are the people complaining about the refs. Two things can be true at once.

What you are saying is that we needed to win the game even though the officials call in a way that favors brute force over playing basketball. I agree, I just don't like our gals having to conduct MMA while trying to shoot the ball.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You know, you are correct. And so are the people complaining about the refs. Two things can be true at once.

What you are saying is that we needed to win the game even though the officials call in a way that favors brute force over playing basketball. I agree, I just don't like our gals having to conduct MMA while trying to shoot the ball.
The officials made it hard for the gals to get good shots, but they managed to get enough good looks that they should have knocked down. On to the NCAAs.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Basketball has become I will bash you until you have to let me either lay it up or you get called for the foul. Texas don’t have basketball players they have tanks. Egbo and Smith are physical but they can play basketball smith especially.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The officials made it hard for the gals to get good shots, but they managed to get enough good looks that they should have knocked down. On to the NCAAs.
True. So they almost overcame something they shouldn't have to, but didn't quite do enough to overcome officiants that favor a brawling style of basketball. We didn't do enough basketballing and Texas almost did too much, but pulled back to all star wrestling just in time. Thanks for agreeing with me.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
KU 26 free throws to Techs 9? come on, that is ridiculous. They get treated so favorably in this league.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Let's be clear. The women performed admirably, and improved greatly from their play against Texas earlier in the season when they lost by 18 and by 25. HUGE improvement. This is a team that won 26 games this year, 14 in the B12. Outstanding. This is a team that put three players on the All B12 First Team. This is a team that brought me a lot of pleasure watching them all season. But when your opponent, what plays a very physical style shoots 19 free throws and you shoot only 6, that is way too much of an obstacle to overcome.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Ebo's gonna get away with murder so they don't have to give her foul #5

ISU ladies are fortunate that Ebo didn't pull this "stunt" against us today. The link is from the WV/UT game. There is a video in the article that shows Ebo deliberately "head-butt" a WV player in the chin. The WV player didn't return to the game as she had a concussion.

I always breathe a sigh of relief that no one has been injured after playing teams with that style of play.

Reactions: peatyscotch

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
The Big12 remains an absolute joke of a conference that plays favorites, even for those that have openly abandoned the conference and apparently engaged in efforts to destroy it.

How that headbutt wasn't a flagrant 2 is insane.

That sure isn't basketball, and shows playing by the rules is just dumb.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Anyone else frustrated with all the calls that seem to be happening so far in the championship game? Also notice that Harmon isn't in the ball handler's space?

• Agree
Reactions: LSGOST8

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I admit I’m prejudiced from reading comments here on CF the past couple of days, but now that I’m home and watching the title game on TV I am so annoyed by the announcers.

Reactions: whoooe

Help Support Us

Become a patron