Big 12 tournament tickets

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was warned by arena workers not to buy or sell within the arena area Told to go across the street
We were told by the sanctioned scalpers that they were required to stay across the street. I imagine the arena workers warn patron to patron sellers to take it over there to keep things even for the scalpers.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The B12 tournament is going to be absolutely nuts this year, cannot wait. My best luck with tickets has been BSing with fans from losing teams at the bar.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
The conference still has all-session tickets available, but they are all uppers. You can get one of these for about $300 after fees. This includes five sessions.

If you are interested in just going to the sessions where ISU plays, you will have to get them through a ticket broker like StubHub or from a scalper near the arena. Regardless, the tickets will be electronic.

There are lots a variables on which route is cheaper, such as 1) how far ISU progresses in the tournament (they would play in three of the five sessions at the most), 2) whether ISU is in KU’s bracket, and 3) how far KU and KSU progress.

If ISU plays in three sessions, that is, they make the championship game, the cost of buying three sessions from a ticket broker or scalper could exceed the cost of an all session ticket. However, once again, this will depend on the aforementioned variables. It’s also conceivable that the cost of the three sessions could be similar or slightly less than an all-session ticket if ISU is not on KU’s side if the bracket and they never play one another.

For what it’s worth, I am going down and plan to just buy the sessions that I want to attend. I have been to the Big 12 tournament over a dozen times and have always done it this way. As a result, if ISU gets beat on Thursday or Friday, I don’t have to worry about unloading tickets for the remaining sessions. On the other hand, if you love college basketball and want to attend all sessions, regardless of whether ISU is playing, I would opt for the all session tickets.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: EIClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We were told by the sanctioned scalpers that they were required to stay across the street. I imagine the arena workers warn patron to patron sellers to take it over there to keep things even for the scalpers.

It is only good business for them to keep you away from where the fishing is best. When we buy/sell tickets as fans, we are cutting into their business.

I've seen some of the main sanctioned scalpers (e.g. one guy that lots of others check-in with to buy/sell) take off their credentials and go inside to buy up tickets from losing fans.

Last edited:

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
You're gonna more than likely pay way less if you just get the all-session tickets right now.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I would definitely do the All-Session pass this year. With KU, K-State, and us all being at the top, it's gonna be an absolute madhouse. Very fun far attending, not so great for scalping.

Don't worry about not attending Wednesday, it's not like those tickets have much value if you try to sell them anyways.

Also if you want to, you could also sell one of the Thursday sessions to a KU or K-State fan that's not on our side of the bracket.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Don't worry about not attending Wednesday, it's not like those tickets have much value if you try to sell them anyways.

Also if you want to, you could also sell one of the Thursday sessions to a KU or K-State fan that's not on our side of the bracket.
Still a LOT of season left but the bracket/schedule for Thursday looks like this
Session 2
4 vs 5 Game 11:30 AM
1 vs 8/9 Game 2:00PM
Session 3
2 vs 7/10 Game 6:00PM
3 vs 6 Game 8:30M

Would be fantastic if KU and KSU were 2 and 3 to play in that Session 3 side with the good guys playing in Session 2.
Could be an incredible atmosphere on Friday if that were to all play out. Who am I kidding, it's an incredible atmosphere anytime the Clones are in Hilton South!