Big 12 Tournament Tix

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Tickets went on sale last Friday. Best available right now appear to be row 12 in one of the corners. I’ve never looked at buying all-session tickets this early. Is this the best it’s going to be?

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I have went to a few Big 12 tourneys and I have never purchased an all session pass. I have always bought as needed based on ISU's games. It's definitely a gamble but one year it really paid off. We played OKST and we paid around $80 for uppers. This was the year that TCU beat Kansas. We got lowers, about 20 rows up for the next game for $50.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Tickets went on sale last Friday. Best available right now appear to be row 12 in one of the corners. I’ve never looked at buying all-session tickets this early. Is this the best it’s going to be?

You have to jump on those sales right away to get anything decent. However, don't worry, they didn't sell anything other than corners and ends.

I would recommend that you try to get tickets through the ISU Ticket Office. Better, find a friend who donates and ask them to get on the list for tickets to sessions that ISU is in. A decent level donor should be able to get tickets behind the basket, lower level, around row 15 or so. It takes a high donor to get sideline seats through the ISU Ticket Office.

Frankly, I don't think street sales will be as crazy this year as they have been in the past. I'll probably take the risk and buy on the street or at the last minute on an app.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
You have to jump on those sales right away to get anything decent. However, don't worry, they didn't sell anything other than corners and ends.

I would recommend that you try to get tickets through the ISU Ticket Office. Better, find a friend who donates and ask them to get on the list for tickets to sessions that ISU is in. A decent level donor should be able to get tickets behind the basket, lower level, around row 15 or so. It takes a high donor to get sideline seats through the ISU Ticket Office.

Frankly, I don't think street sales will be as crazy this year as they have been in the past. I'll probably take the risk and buy on the street or at the last minute on an app.
Couldn't remember whether additional tickets went on sale through ISU or not. After retrying a few times I was able to get some in the 1st row in the upper corner if I wanted them. Going with a group makes it tough to rely on buying last minute, unless others have a different experience…

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Couldn't remember whether additional tickets went on sale through ISU or not. After retrying a few times I was able to get some in the 1st row in the upper corner if I wanted them. Going with a group makes it tough to rely on buying last minute, unless others have a different experience…

Did you pay face value? I'd be really surprised if you were able to get any upper Row 1's at this point, except through resellers. If you did get original tickets in Row 1, good on you!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't recall when the ISU Ticket Office takes orders from donors for tickets.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

The ISU ticket office sells all sessions and not “sessions that ISU is in”.

ntxcyclone

Nov 16, 2013
Please don’t buy an all session pass. I’ve been to the Big12/Big8 tournament at least ten times and my least favorite experience was when I bought an all session pass. Those first day games you’ll pay face value for a lower level ticket you could buy for $10. Then after the first day you just wait for teams to lose and try to scoop up their tickets while they head out to their cars. Those were so much fun….we used to stay at the Crown Center in KC where about half of the teams also stayed. Pretty cool bumping into those guys in the elevators and the mall down there.

those were the days

Reactions: 4CY4EVR

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Please don’t buy an all session pass. I’ve been to the Big12/Big8 tournament at least ten times and my least favorite experience was when I bought an all session pass. Those first day games you’ll pay face value for a lower level ticket you could buy for $10. Then after the first day you just wait for teams to lose and try to scoop up their tickets while they head out to their cars. Those were so much fun….we used to stay at the Crown Center in KC where about half of the teams also stayed. Pretty cool bumping into those guys in the elevators and the mall down there.

those were the days

We tried to snag tickets from fans of the losing teams before they left the building because there would be a gauntlet of scalpers outside trying to get their tickets.

A few of the scalpers even cruise the lower sideline sections right after the game trying to buy up tickets from fans of the losing team.