Big 12 Tourney Seed...I might be wrong

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
You don't want to play Tech or Baylor, they are not the best matchups, though Baylor is a little thin at the moment.

Texas would be ideal, no fans in KC it would be an ISU home game. No other fan base going to cheer for the the shorthorns.

Last edited:

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Scenarios. There are more than this I'm sure but these are the basic scenarios. Based on what I can tell, we are going to be 5/6/7 seed. Nothing higher. Nothing lower.

Iowa State beats OSU/beats Baylor
TCU loses any of their remaining games
Iowa State: 5 seed

ISU beats OSU/Loses at Baylor
TCU beats KU/loses to KU/beats WVU
KSU beats TT/beats OU
Iowa State: 7 seed

TCU loses KU/loses to KU/beats WVU
KSU loses TT/beats OU
Iowa State: 6 seed

KSU loses TT/beats OU
Iowa State: 5 seed

ISU loses OSU/Loses Baylor
KSU beats TT/beats OU
Iowa State: 7 seed

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If TCU and us both end up 8-10, what is the first tie breaker? Head to head? Well, we split.
Then does it go by who beat top team on down?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
But I think the WORST seed we can have at this point is 6 even losing both remaining games unless TCU does something miraculous and beats TT and Kansas or KSU somehow wins at TT.

If we beat Okie Orange we are locked for 5th seed vs Texas.
We are not locked for 5th with an Okie St. win if TCU knocks off KU once, are we?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We are not locked for 5th with an Okie St. win if TCU knocks off KU once, are we?
You are right. If TCU beats KU once but loses to KU the second time but wins AT WVU and ISU only beats OSU, then they hold the tiebreaker because they have a win over KU/Baylor who are in first and we would have gone 0-4. So basically....hope TCU just loses to KU both times.

Because if ISU beats OSU and loses to Baylor and ends up 8-10 and TCU loses twice to KU but beats WVU they are also 8-10 but they would have also gone 0-4 over KU and Baylor like us. Then the tiebreaker is both teams vs Texas and we went 1-1 and they went 0-2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You don't want to play Tech or Baylor, they are not the best matchups, though Baylor is a little thin at the moment.

Texas would be ideal, no fans in KC it would be an ISU home game. No other fan base going to cheer for the the shorthorns.
Any fan of another school will likely not only not be cheering for Texas, but probably cheering loudly for us against them.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Iowa State in the 5 spot against Texas is the ideal scenario to make a run in KC. Unfortunately, with TCU beating Tech yesterday, we need KU to win back to back against them. I’m a bit worried about that especially with the second game being @ TCU.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Iowa State in the 5 spot against Texas is the ideal scenario to make a run in KC. Unfortunately, with TCU beating Tech yesterday, we need KU to win back to back against them. I’m a bit worried about that especially with the second game being @ TCU.

2 games in a 3 day window. I'd think the quick turnaround favors the more talented team, but who knows. We'll unfortunately be Kansas fans for a couple days I guess.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
You are right. If TCU beats KU once but loses to KU the second time but wins AT WVU and ISU only beats OSU, then they hold the tiebreaker because they have a win over KU/Baylor who are in first and we would have gone 0-4. So basically....hope TCU just loses to KU both times.

Because if ISU beats OSU and loses to Baylor and ends up 8-10 and TCU loses twice to KU but beats WVU they are also 8-10 but they would have also gone 0-4 over KU and Baylor like us. Then the tiebreaker is both teams vs Texas and we went 1-1 and they went 0-2
If TCU wins twice they’ll be 9-9. In your first scenario they would win the 5th seed outright.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I think we're gonna see a KSU upset here tonight. If they win it basically means we won't get the 5 seed in KC unless we win at Baylor.