Big 12 WBB Tournament 23-24 Thread

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
We wil be there next week but if the women make it to the Finals we will head down a day early to go to the game.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Tonight's games:

Thursday, March 7 - First Round
Game 1: No. 12 Texas Tech vs. No. 13 Houston, 5:30 p.m. CT (Big 12 Now on ESPN+)
Game 2: No. 11 Cincinnati vs. No. 14 UCF, 8 p.m. CT (Big 12 Now on ESPN+)

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Can someone use our 2 tix for tonight?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
First out the gate in B12 Tourney is Houston vs TT. At the half it's TT 30-24. Tech shows flashes of good play and on the road they beat us by 8 on a bad night for us back in January. I think TT pulls this out to face Baylor tomorrow 3/8 at 11:00 AM.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Sparse crowd, low energy game until a made three pointer resulted in two TFs for hand in face/reaction by Maupin and UH player.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Will be watching from afar via laptop. Ended up scheduling a much-needed vacation far, far away from Iowa this weekend. Right now, I'm actually about as close to Hawaii as one can be without leaving North America. But everyone in KC have a great time!!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Probably won't be able to make it down until the Finals. Hate having the men's and women's tournament schedules not overlapping.

• Agree
Reactions: Joe4Cy and NWICY

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
TT 74-60 wins and didn't look too bad with Merrit back and others. What irks me after watching TT's Maupin play is she is on the B-12 HM Season List. What she has over Ryan is not evident.

Reactions: acoustimac

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ive already seen 5 Hawkeye fans here with their gear on. Do they not care for the Big 10 tourney? Or maybe they just live here and cant afford to make the trip.
Ugh.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
We all know the men's and women's tournaments should overlap and share the same week in KC. Just look at the crowd tonight (if you can call it that) for the lowest seeded teams. It won't be much better next week for the men's tournament either. Hopefully, the Big XII leadership can figure this out.

My thought is play the two bottom seed games on campus before moving onto Kansas City. Here is how that could work.

Women:
Two games on campus the Friday or Saturday of the week prior to tournament week.
Four games on Monday in KC
Four Quarterfinal games on Tuesday in KC
Break Wed. and Thursday for men's games
Two Semifinal games one session on Friday
One Championship session on Saturday

Men:
Two campus games on Monday of tournament week.
Four games on Wednesday in KC
Four Quarterfinal games on Thursday in KC
Two Semifinal games the other session on Friday
One Championship the other session on Saturday

You could get better attendance and revenue for these low seed games and not have to pay rent for T-Mobile either.

If equity is an issue, flip the scheduling and have the men finish their season earlier in alternate years and they would take the mid week break.

Feedback and thoughts welcomed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ive already seen 5 Hawkeye fans here with their gear on. Do they not care for the Big 10 tourney? Or maybe they just live here and cant afford to make the trip.

The Big Ten games are three miles from me. They are sold out for all sessions. If Hawks want to see Clark play in Mpls they will have to do that this summer when the Lynx play Indiana. Might pop over for that as Bridget Carleon is one of my all-time favs.

Reactions: Jimr