Big 12-WWE Partnership

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Now that the PAC is gone B1G and it's fans are more than happy to step up and be the most pretentious conference on the planet.
Everything is dumb if it wasn’t their idea or done how they do it. Obvi.

Reactions: MJ29

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
WWE not really my thing any more, but why the hell not. Easily ignorable for the people who don't care.

As one of those that don’t care, I hope that this is actually ignorable. If this is just something like the Dukes mayo bowl where they have a presentation following the game, fine. But I hope they won’t have WWE actors or Vince McMahon in the booth during play. Nothing is worse than the announcers doing interviews and ignoring the play on the field

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
No matter what you think of their fans, there are a lot of them. And I'll take a cross-over promotion with the potential of a large group of new fans coming out of it. WWE will share it on their platforms (live tv, social media, etc.). The individuals involved will share it on their social media outlets. The Rock (no idea if he'll be involved) has 388-million followers on Instagram. If he shares it or promotes it and even one half of one percent of them decide to tune into the game, that's still almost 2-million watchers. This isn't a bad thing, even if you do think WWE and WWE fans are dumb.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
As one of those that don’t care, I hope that this is actually ignorable. If this is just something like the Dukes mayo bowl where they have a presentation following the game, fine. But I hope they won’t have WWE actors or Vince McMahon in the booth during play. Nothing is worse than the announcers doing interviews and ignoring the play on the field
I don't think Vince is associated with WWE any more. I have no idea what they have planned, but would a brief interview with a wrestler in the booth be that big of a deal? They do booth interviews in sports all the time. It's not like they are going to be in character and body slam the color guy or anything.

Reactions: PickSix

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
As if Campbell needed any more motivation. If it's Stone Cold or The Undertaker, that would be awesome.
If I was guessing it'd be someone who has some sort of connection to the schools involved.
Undertaker attends Texas home games anyway, so that wouldn't be a stretch if he's there (assuming Texas is).

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Player of the game is Rocco Becht, followed by Abu Sama blasting him with a chair shot and taking his belt. I am totally pumped up. Can't wait until a Kansas State offensive lineman allows our defense to crush his quarterback, then takes his K State jersey off to reveal he has been a Cyclone fan and player the whole time and has an Iowa State jersey on under it. . So many things of awesome could happen in my brain.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't think Vince is associated with WWE any more. I have no idea what they have planned, but would a brief interview with a wrestler in the booth be that big of a deal? They do booth interviews in sports all the time. It's not like they are going to be in character and body slam the color guy or anything.

I hate the interviews regardless of who they are. The job of the booth is to give play by play and analysis of the game. Do the interview during halftime. If I wanted to listen to all the side stories I would tune into the Manning cast.

I guess im just turning into that old grumpy get off my lawn guy.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
WWE is a billion dollar industry with hundreds of millions of fans. Why wouldn't any business partner or have a cross-over with them?
I guess what I'm getting at here is, It's what's best for business.

Reactions: JCity

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
WWE is a billion dollar industry with hundreds of millions of fans. Why wouldn't any business partner or have a cross-over with them?

This is brilliant marketing. Like the product or not WWE is high profile company to partner with.

Reactions: JayV

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I guess my point is I don’t see WWE fans who aren’t college football fans probably aren’t tuning in. And visa versa. Unless this makes schools more money it’s pretty pointless.