Big 4 Classic Tickets go on sale today

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Please end this event. I would really like to see Drake and UNI as home and home instead of another Savannah Valley St coming in or whatever.

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
didn't post this thread to debate whether its a good event or not. Some people this could be the only way they get to see ISU play in person.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Please end this event. I would really like to see Drake and UNI as home and home instead of another Savannah Valley St coming in or whatever.

Sold out events do not usually equate to cancelled events.

This has grown every year. The trend suggests it would be foolish to end now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
UNI fans should be loving this event. I was there last year and UNI/Iowa was effectively a home win for the Panthers.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
When will they release our seat locations? I bought mine a while ago and still don't know where I'm sitting.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Sold out events do not usually equate to cancelled events.

This has grown every year. The trend suggests it would be foolish to end now.

Say whatever you want but having those in-state games in on-campus arenas >>>>>>>>>>>>> than this "force you to pay for 2 games" thing they do now. I know you're Mr. Des Moines but you have to admit the atmosphere is much better for college basketball when you play on-campus.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Is it my favorite game of the year? No. But it gives the wife and I a night away and I get to see ISU play basketball. I bought tickets.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I went for the first time last year and actually really enjoyed it. It was fun to watch basketball in a different place and fun to see 2 games. It was fun to cheer against Iowa while having a beer. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much, but I really had fun.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

Absolutely not.....This is a fun event to go to.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
didn't post this thread to debate whether its a good event or not. Some people this could be the only way they get to see ISU play in person.

Bingo. This and last year's KC tournaments are the only ones I can go to. I can't afford season tickets (teacher salary) and the student break tickets available don't ever fit my schedule (I am sure I am not the only one). The only thing I would change is make it into a round robin tournament or even just a 2 round tournament and crown Iowa's best team. I realize this would never happen, but it is okay to dream right?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Say whatever you want but having those in-state games in on-campus arenas >>>>>>>>>>>>> than this "force you to pay for 2 games" thing they do now. I know you're Mr. Des Moines but you have to admit the atmosphere is much better for college basketball when you play on-campus.

Appreciate the acknowledgement of my true identity, :smile: but you're providing a false choice.

I don't like the game because it has a better atmosphere or even equal to game on a college campus. I like it for reasons beyond that. The big one - giving additional people the chance to see ISU in person. Additionally with the weird way the crowd comes in and out, it gives the team at least a taste of what tournament atmosphere can be like when the crowd watching the game tends to be fluid as well as being on a neutral court. Finally, it gives me a chance to also see the other instate schools in person that I wouldn't otherwise make the effort to go see.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I wish that we'd play the other MVC school in Hilton still. So this year, I wish Drake was coming to Ames and we play UNI in this event in Des Moines. Then switch next year.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
I wish that we'd play the other MVC school in Hilton still. So this year, I wish Drake was coming to Ames and we play UNI in this event in Des Moines. Then switch next year.
This is the biggest reason I don't like the Big 4 Classic. It stopped us from playing UNI and Drake every year. The event itself isn't bad.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
I've gone both of the last two years and had a great time. IMO, its a fun way to get families together for a game. That said, with ISU-UNI being broadcasted on ESPN this year, my family will be getting together at my parents to watch it and saving a couple hundred bucks

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Don't mind these games, I just don't like watching basketball in Wells Fargo, not a great bball setup.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I wish we could still play the team we don't play in this every season but I don't get how any basketball fan doesn't love this event. 3 top 25 teams last year, our game vs UNI 2 years ago was the most underrated game of that season. It's not an amazing atmosphere but its great to get the fans of all the programs together, feels kind of like a family reunion with some great basketball. It's better than any of the games we host against directional schools. Not to mention you can drink...