Big Brother 21

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
They should only make the twists double edge swords much like the pandora's box. If you get a bonus power, it comes with something bad attached ie: You win Diamond Power Of Veto to use whenever you want (Until final 6), the catch is, you cant compete in HOH competitions for 2 weeks and HOH gets to vote for eviction in your place. At least this would be a twist to think about but be balanced as well.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yuck looks like an audience influenced twist coming up. Nothing more "fair" than that as its completely based on the edit and while live feeders know how horrible the Jacks/Jacksons of the world are, the show makes them seem more "bro-ish" and "boys will be boys"

Reactions: Halincandenza

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't know why the producers feel like they always have to jack with the game. Also, they need to focus more on getting 16 interesting/strong people not filling out the quota by always having 8 woman, 8 men. Right off the bat I would get rid of Analyse, Jessica, and Holly. They bring nothing to this game except two of them are eye candy that the producers knew would get into a showmance. Nick and Ovi are also pretty lame. There are people that I dislike like Christie but at least she is entertaining. I'd actually like to see a season where it's all strong woman and no men.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't know why the producers feel like they always have to jack with the game. Also, they need to focus more on getting 16 interesting/strong people not filling out the quota by always having 8 woman, 8 men. Right off the bat I would get rid of Analyse, Jessica, and Holly. They bring nothing to this game except two of them are eye candy that the producers knew would get into a showmance. Nick and Ovi are also pretty lame. There are people that I dislike like Christie but at least she is entertaining. I'd actually like to see a season where it's all strong woman and no men.

If they did that they would somehow still figure out how to screw up the all womens alliance they try to start every year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I have no idea what Kat and Jessica are doing and I don't think they do either. They are horrible players.
Cliff handed the game to the 6 if they want to stick to their deal. Cliff was an idiot. You don't promise Christy that you are going to put Bella up. He effectively ceded his HOH to the other side by doing so since he "is a mad of his word". He also screwed anyone on the other side if they end up winning HOH because they are basically powerless unless they win the veto themselves. Seems to me CBS made christies power to great. It should have been that only she could use it if the won the veto. Being able to gift the power is dumb.

That's what I said also. I mean give someone the power to take themselves off is one thing. That is basically a immunity idol in Survivor. However, being able to just mess with the whole game and not allow the HOH to pick who replaces that person is another. Ovi actually had more power but never was able to use it. That would have been stupid also.

Its really hard to argue your logic here but I'll try to play devil's advocate.

First and foremost Cliff had a losing hand to begin with. That can't be stated enough. Secondly, it appears right now he's safe for a couple weeks and sometimes all you need is time in the BB house. Anything can happen. Right now Christie and Jackson quietly do not like each other. There are fractures. Just takes a catalyst. Lastly, whether or not the six shooters were down a man they still have the horses to win HOHs so he's potentially just delaying the inevitable either way.

Here is season 16 Derrick's take on it:

Christie's POV is basically like another contestant at this point ugh.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Yep. Should just go back to casting superfans. I think there are like 4-5 people that actually have been fans of the show before being approached by CBS.

If you want strong females in a season, check out BBCanada6. Was an amazing season compared to the pile of garbage we have right now.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yuck looks like an audience influenced twist coming up. Nothing more "fair" than that as its completely based on the edit and while live feeders know how horrible the Jacks/Jacksons of the world are, the show makes them seem more "bro-ish" and "boys will be boys"
It's their only card to shake up the house or it's 6 shooters all the way and people wont even care by final 5

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My wife loves big brother but is quickly getting sick of it as am I. It is merely a social experiment anymore - cool good looking people vs. uncool not good looking people, whites vs minorities, etc. They get in packs of people like themselves and despite it being bad for their game they stick with it. Not very entertaining in my opinion.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Cliff should have double crossed Christie and put her up. He would have had Nick, Sam, Bella, Nicole, and Jessica on his side and maybe Kat.

As much as I dislike Bella, I dislike the Jacks a lot more.
I definitely disliked Bella more, it's just she got really humbled in the last week there which gave you sympathy for her. When she had power, she was the ******* worst.

I think it would be interesting to have an all female cast with just 2 guys. They never would but I would be fascinated to see the dynamic that would create. I would bet money the guys would actually last quite a while. I would have suggested the other way around as well but I feel like the vulnerable dynamic might not be as appropriate and may end up being borderline creepy lol.
But yeah, casting needs to be more diverse in personality, not just gender/race

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The problem is it will end up benefiting the 6 shooters because the audience voters are tools.
Possibly, but from what I see, 6 shooters are not liked in the BB fandom. I am betting it will benefit the Nicoles and Cliff's of the game. Could be wrong though.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I definitely disliked Bella more, it's just she got really humbled in the last week there which gave you sympathy for her. When she had power, she was the ******* worst.

Oh I couldn't stand Bella, but I can't stand Jack more. Everytime he talks he is condescending towards someone. The refrigerator talk he had with Kemi really pissed me off.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Oh I couldn't stand Bella, but I can't stand Jack more. Everytime he talks he is condescending towards someone. The refrigerator talk he had with Kemi really pissed me off.

Yeah was happy CBS decided to show him being an asshat finally.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My wife loves big brother but is quickly getting sick of it as am I. It is merely a social experiment anymore - cool good looking people vs. uncool not good looking people, whites vs minorities, etc. They get in packs of people like themselves and despite it being bad for their game they stick with it. Not very entertaining in my opinion.

I just rewatched season 7 (allstars). My god what a fun cast that was and watching Will and Boogie torch through that house was a masterpiece.

Now rewatching season 16. That was a fun diverse (personality) cast. Derrick is a master of his craft as well.

Reactions: Halincandenza

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Yep. Should just go back to casting superfans. I think there are like 4-5 people that actually have been fans of the show before being approached by CBS.

If you want strong females in a season, check out BBCanada6. Was an amazing season compared to the pile of garbage we have right now.
Didn’t some idiot call themself a super fan and then go on to say starting with season 20 lol.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Didn’t some idiot call themself a super fan and then go on to say starting with season 20 lol.

haha yes! As in "hey CBS let me watch a couple seasons the week before the show started when we were in sequester"

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Couple of things from in the house that have been said. Chrisite was talking and said this season has been all about love. LOL The 2 Jacks were talking and they said that they both will be disliked by the public. Finally something they get right.

But the cherry on the you have to be ****ing kidding me sundae. Sam talking with Jackson about have not rules. This **** came out of Jackson's mouth - The last thing that you want to do is assume incorrectly, take a bite of food, and get a penalty nom. If you are not on the block, you get put up.

That coming from a guy who was a have not this past week and repeatedly ate food in the shower and had nothing happen to him.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Couple of things from in the house that have been said. Chrisite was talking and said this season has been all about love. LOL The 2 Jacks were talking and they said that they both will be disliked by the public. Finally something they get right.

But the cherry on the you have to be ****ing kidding me sundae. Sam talking with Jackson about have not rules. This **** came out of Jackson's mouth - The last thing that you want to do is assume incorrectly, take a bite of food, and get a penalty nom. If you are not on the block, you get put up.

That coming from a guy who was a have not this past week and repeatedly ate food in the shower and had nothing happen to him.

No point with putting have nots in the game if you're not going to enforce the rules. Jackson is a dbag but CBS needs to own their **** and make a stance on it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
On reddit there is a link to a feed link that is 80 minutes of stuff that went down before the live show last night.