Big Ten is just TOO tough and good. That's why they fail in the NCAAs...

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
They barely get any teams out of the first weekend anymore. Michigan made the finals a few years ago, but that is only because they made a miracle bomb (3 points) against Houston. And it should have never came to that, Houston did a poor job of managing a lead in the last couple of minutes, they should have easily closed it out. They get 9 teams in a year and can't advance. It's pathetic. They haven't won a national title since 2000. I would kill to get the chance to play Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Heck play some of these twice a year and you can rack up 8 wins right there. They will get 10 teams in there, and because of the law of averages, there is a good chance that this is the year they get more than one team in the sweet 16. Of course I hate when they flash up the total number of teams from a league that are advancing, there is no context because then they are comparing 14-16 team leagues against the Big 12 which is only 10 teams. For example if the Big 10 and or SEC get 4 teams to the sweet 16, that is 28% of their league. If the Big 12 only gets 3 in, that is 30%. They never give the percentage, just the total number which makes it appear the league with the most is the best.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Titus is a Barstool guy. I'm pretty sure he's joking. Rothstein is being serious however

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
All that TV money and only one national championship for the Big Ten in this millennium (Larry has something to say about the advantage MSU got in Auburn Hills).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I saw that last night too. Titus is joking lol although it’s really hard to tell that if you haven’t heard him speak about this before.

Honestly he’s probably the best college basketball podcaster out there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah I’m pretty sure that is all sarcasm. Titus comment is for sure.

No secret B10 has been incredibly mediocre for several years now.
It sounds like stuff that gets linked over here from Hawkeye Report. Probably Iowa fans, could see titus being JoBo.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It sounds like stuff that gets linked over here from Hawkeye Report. Probably Iowa fans, could see titus being JoBo.
Titus is Mark Titus who was an OSU walk on that created Club Trillion. It was basically the perfect do nothing box score with the 1 (or better still a larger number) minute followed by all zeros for all of the other stats - no FG attempts, no rebounds, no steals, TOs, assists or blocked shots. I think he strived to get the longest time on the floor without collecting a single stat and had at least one stat line that was something like 8 trillion.

As you can glean from that, he is a very serious guy. <jimlad>

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
HAHAHAHAHA I hope Iowa gets to play W VA in the NCAA. They don't know what physical play looks like. And, Iowa is one of the more physical teams in the Big 10 IMO.

The SEC used to use this excuse in football whenever they had a bad showing during bowl season. Never resonated with me since there is typically 3-4 weeks layoff between regular season and bowl games.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watching Kansas and Baylor play 10-14 games against ranked teams just in conference play the past two years and win the NCAA tournament, Texas Tech a game away the year before that...and then somebody somehow thinks this is brilliant.

There's a good case that the exact opposite is true.

You could also look at ISU and TCU last year. Viewed as limping into the tournament hardly able to get Big 12 wins. ISU dominates a couple teams people incorrectly thought were better, TCU goes 1-1 taking a 1 seed to overtime.

Big 12 basketball is an MLB player taking a couple swings with a weighted bat and the early rounds of the NCAA tournament is the smooth light swing.