Big XII - Done

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
OU and BU still playing, but terminal. Texas lost - conference not the power it used to be. It seem the committee wisely discounted our KC wins. Do we miss Kim yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: riceville98

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
OU and BU still playing, but terminal. Texas lost - conference not the power it used to be. It seem the committee wisely discounted our KC wins. Do we miss Kim yet?

Kim leaving had opened up the top but we have not been able to capitalize on it so I'm a little disappointed. Not fire Bill disappointed but when he retires it will be interesting to see who gets the job

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Recruiting has picked up a bunch since he took it over(I think I'm right on that) but I would like to see a broader search than just anointing him. If he wins it fair and square and at a unproven price tag I guess it would be ok.
I think they were a torn ACL away from hosting this past weekend. Top ten class coming in. Must be doing something right.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, now official, no Big 12 teams in the Sweet Sixteen. Not too surprised. Texas ran hot and cold all season long. Sooners were all offense. Baylor is a shadow of Kim's Baylor only two seasons after her reign in Waco ended.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Big 12 has been thoroughly demoted to mid-major after this season and it will get significantly worse once OU & Texas leave. BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston all finished this year with losing records.

I am looking forward to the hosting the WNIT next year if we don't win the conference AQ again.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I cannot believe the level of negativity towards the program and especially the coaches after the NCAA loss. You’d swear we just came off a 16-15 season and were ousted in the first round of the conference tourney in a blowout. Has anyone paid attention to all the first and second round upsets in the tournament? I can’t imagine their fan bases are exploding like this one. Maybe the head coach at OU or Indiana is available now to take over at ISU since they were both ousted early as well. But do we want coaches that lose early in the tourney? We’d best hold out for whoever loses the national title game.

Last edited:

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Bill had a series of rea of really good assistants including 2 (MD, GA) that did well. Have a couple other ones that were/are head coaches. He went a long time after those without a good one. I am not a fan of turning it over to a kid. Never seems to work out. Apparently the other 2 weren't HC material.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Cyclad

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Big 12 has been thoroughly demoted to mid-major after this season and it will get significantly worse once OU & Texas leave. BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston all finished this year with losing records.

I am looking forward to the hosting the WNIT next year if we don't win the conference AQ again.
Someone hit happy hour at Joes today. Everyone knew Big 12 was down but women’s game once past the top few programs fluctuates and we are recruiting strong, still have programs in conference that Care.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I cannot believe the level of negativity towards the program and especially the coaches after the NCAA loss. You’d swear we just came off a 16-15 season and were ousted in the first round of the conference tourney in a blowout. Has anyone paid attention to all the first and second round upsets in the tournament? I can’t imagine their fan bases are exploding like this one. Maybe the head coach at OU or Indians is available now to take over at ISU since they were both ousted early as well. But do we want coaches that lose early in the tourney? We’d best hold out for whoever loses the national title game.
And Bill is bringing in the top rated class in the program’s history. I don’t get the doom and gloom either. Should be pumped for the future. We’ll be fine.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
And Bill is bringing in the top rated class in the program’s history. I don’t get the doom and gloom either. Should be pumped for the future. We’ll be fine.
Definitely should be optimistic but I think Bill needs to change some things (developing/utilizing depth, diversify the offense with motion) in order to max out that incoming talent. The conference is obviously wide open to increase the odds of finally winning another conference championship which generally results in home court advantage for the first weekend of the NCAAs.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
OU put up some fight but everybody else got stomped. I disliked Mulkey, but she made the league relevant - she also dominated it.
She made the Big12 like most of the other major leagues. Who challenges South Carolina in the SEC? UConn in the East? Stanford in the PAC? The womens game is extremely top heavy and has been for awhile. Mulkey gave us that type of program in conference. That's the only real difference. Theres always seems to be a thousand pound gorilla in the womens game. As great as what we are seeing in upsets who is beating South Carolina? No one is.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
The Big 12 this year was a lot of good teams (except TCU) and no great teams. The three teams in the WNIT are still alive. Our record reflected that with some road losses, there was not opportunities to take a day off and unfortunately it bit us when we did not play great road games in the conference.