Big XII Tournament Virgin

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I don’t question Kelly’s. Sounds like that has the THE Cyclone bar for a LONG time. My question was more why Wednesday? I expect it top be packed all week or for at least as long as ISU is playing.
unless you are staying in Westport it is too far away from the P&L and T mobile, where the action is the remainder of the week.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I don’t question Kelly’s. Sounds like that has the THE Cyclone bar for a LONG time. My question was more why Wednesday? I expect it top be packed all week or for at least as long as ISU is playing.
Wednesday is the night before the Cyclones play. Thursday and on everyone will be at Power and Light, or across the street at the game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kelly's
Joe's BBQ
Peanut on Main *get wings
Zoo Bar
Topsys popcorn
Roasterie
Town topic

He-Guy

Feb 17, 2024
This will be my 1st Big 12 tournament as well!
I've lived in Colorado for 18 years since graduating, but I planned a work trip near Kansas City for that week so I could finally see this team in person.
I only got tickets for Thursday night and am thinking I might just Uber from hotel if the ISU party scene is all right around the T-Mobile Center.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Never know.
You'll never know if you don't ask.

e4f64d7a-a5e3-4ad9-8649-89724bb0ce00_text.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This will be my 1st Big 12 tournament as well!
I've lived in Colorado for 18 years since graduating, but I planned a work trip near Kansas City for that week so I could finally see this team in person.
I only got tickets for Thursday night and am thinking I might just Uber from hotel if the ISU party scene is all right around the T-Mobile Center.
That is a good choice.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Wednesday is the night before the Cyclones play. Thursday and on everyone will be at Power and Light, or across the street at the game.

Most, but not everyone. There were plenty of ISU fans there on Friday night a couple years ago, even with us getting blown out the day before. Not denying Wednesday is the biggest night, but it's not like it's dead the rest of the time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wife and I will also be first time Big 12 tourney attendees; opted for a less expensive hotel with a 20 minute drive. Looks like there are many options for parking; any suggestion would be appreciated.

For parking, check out the garages under and just north of Power & Light. As I recall, it was something like $20 per day, not $50 per day like some of the fancy hotels. And it is literally "right there."

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Wednesday night at Kelly's has been kind of the kickoff party for the week. The KC alumni assoc. helps host the event. Tony Bohnenkamp will be playing this year for FAC style entertainment.

Madmaxk

Sep 8, 2023
Wednesday night at Kelly's has been kind of the kickoff party for the week. The KC alumni assoc. helps host the event. Tony Bohnenkamp will be playing this year for FAC style entertainment.

Will Tony be bringing any of the other members of Lunchbox with him?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
A lot of fans get there a day early. Consider it the unofficial pretournament opening ceremonies. It's definitely a highlight of the weekend as vibes are high and you usually run into a lot of people you know

Reactions: Gunnerclone