Big12 Awards being announced via Twitter

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Lazard took his breakfast, lunch, and dinner money. If he had some money hidden for a snack, he took that too.

Lazard is basically Deebo to Texada

giphy.gif

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Can someone tell me why Lima's entry in Honorable Mention says "Ray Lima (DNoY & DL)?"

Does that mean he was nearly the Defensive Newcomer of the Year? If so, how does he get bumped from first or second team all-conference?

• Agree
Reactions: Omaha Cy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can someone tell me why Lima's entry in Honorable Mention says "Ray Lima (DNoY & DL)?"

Does that mean he was nearly the Defensive Newcomer of the Year? If so, how does he get bumped from first or second team all-conference?

He received at least one vote for DNoY. Totally different than the first or second team so he probably just missed out on being second team

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Lazard took his breakfast, lunch, and dinner money. If he had some money hidden for a snack, he took that too.
It wasn't just Lazard, Texada was flat out targeted. Kempt went after him with success. This pick makes zero sense. His teammate Gladney was better, and Peavy and Payne were clearly better. Sorry but if in any game a team says whoever a CB is covering, that's who we are going to throw to, you aren't first team all conference.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Can I just assume CyTwins has already quoted one of the Hawk trolls in the in state rivals threads saying Chase Allen was a big miss by this staff. Followed by "Yikes" of course.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We have a lot of guys that I feel did not get appropriately recognized. Specifically Peavy & Lima, (Butler didn't have the numbers). I hope this only adds fuel to their post season fire. Truly great players that will eventually have successful NFL careers

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He's obviously a better blocker than we give him credit for. That one surprised me too, because everyone thinks receptions in valuing a tight end.

And a couple of his catches this year showed his capability.

Fun to see the names up there from ISU.

Apparently this is what happens when you have a good football team. Who knew?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Lima is literally the reason our defense functions. He's the entire reason we can play three down lineman - you can't play three DL without a ************ in the middle. He isn't getting the love he deserves, but he might be our defensive MVP.