Big12 Coaching Staff Comparison

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I was interested to see the breakdown of all the Big12 coaching staffs. I found this: https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/02/04/2021-big-12-football-coaching-tracker/

I only looked at Offense and ST as I don't think we need to do anything to our defense. A couple observations.

• The only teams without a dedicated ST coordinator are ISU, K-State (I was surprised by this), OU, and OK-State. Not sure if there is a good way to rank STs and see if there is any correlation here. Maybe it doesn't matter because at the end of the day our STs suck and have for awhile so we need to do something different.
  • Tom Manning and the KU OC are the only OCs that don't also coach a position group (looks like typically OCs are coaching QBs which makes sense)

I really think we need an OC that takes a position group as well and not sure we need a dedicated TE coach. Open up a spot to grab a ST coordinator. That also takes all the ST work off the other coaches so they can focus on their position group.

Took the time to look through this so figured I would share.

Reactions: Acylum

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Perhaps having someone who doesn’t call/approve the exact same play three times from the two yard line might help too?

What am I saying? We just need a new OC that will fix all this!!!